SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Most comfortable camps for paraplegics
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:45 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi,

no problem with your UK parking badge, we've used the EU one on various occasions and never experienced any problems.

Concerning Punda Maria: maybe saraf is right, I don't know about the accomodation on second row - but they have got a perfectly well adapted luxury tent (no. 1) which has got a ramp and a nearby parking space, so better book this.

For further planning have a look here: http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/gr ... lities.php or contact me via pm (we've taken a lot of pics of wheelchair accessible accomodatzions at various camps which might help?!)

Enjoy, Zypresse

Post subject: Re: Most comfortable camps for paraplegics
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:02 pm 

saraf wrote:
Hi Penfold, welcome to the forum.

I'm not mobility impaired myself but I do remember that there are disabled car parking spots (mainly because the one thing I hate is people using them who don't need them). I'm pretty sure that most restaurants have some sort of level access but you may have to walk further to access it. I've no idea about the disabled badge in SA, I'm afraid. Perhaps the FCO might be able to help?
Goggapot wrote:
Hi penfold,

I'm in a wheelchair, and all the camps you are going to is wheelchair friendly. The path in Lower Sabie to the restaurant is steep, so you may need someone to assist you, but further on you will not have a problem.

I'm not sure about the UK disabled parking badge, but I don't think it will be a problem.

Hope you have a nice trip. Waiting to read your TR and watch your photo's. :whistle:
Zypresse wrote:
Hi,

no problem with your UK parking badge, we've used the EU one on various occasions and never experienced any problems.

For further planning have a look here: http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/gr ... lities.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or contact me via pm (we've taken a lot of pics of wheelchair accessible accomodatzions at various camps which might help?!)

Enjoy, Zypresse

Many thanks to saraf, Zypresse & Goggapot for all the info & for the warm welcome. I was pretty sure everything was well set up for the mobility impaired but it's great to be reassured. This forum is fab! :D

I'll be sure to let you know how I get on :)

2010 Trip Report:
Penfold & The Pipster Go Wild