Skip to Content

Re: Harry Wolhurter.

Pjw
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Harry Wolhuter

Unread postby Pjw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:10 pm

You might be interested to know that Wolhuters grandson is still involved with conservation and about 2 years ago he had a blog where he was reporting on a wild dog pack, in Zambia I think? He is also the "star" of a couple of National Geographic documentaries about hyenas. You might be able to track him down with this info and he might be able to help you Try this website
http://www.kimwolhuter.com/
"In the end we conserve only that which we love, we love only that which we understand, we understand only that which we are taught"
(Baba Dioum, Senegalese Ecologist)

Takhaar

Unread postby Takhaar » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:17 pm

I have made contact with Kim. He do not have any more info than me. I know my Grandfather was stationed at Barberton and that is where Harry Wolhuter was taken after the attack. I presume that it might be there that oupa helped him.

Regards

Takhaar

lolliepop

Unread postby lolliepop » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:47 pm

Hello Takhaar

My little boy (now 5) absolutely love the tale about Harry Wolhuter. I will show him the lion claw - see if I can print your photo out for him to take to school. They are going on a trip to the Kruger and I suggested to the teacher that each child have to find out something about the Kruger to tell the other children. This is the best way for them to learn. You have a wonderful momentum to keep in your family.

Takhaar

Unread postby Takhaar » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi Lolliepop

If they go to Skukuza they must visit the library and museum, because there is an exhihibition of the lion and the story of Harry Wolhuter.

Regards

Takhaar

stelliegp123

Unread postby stelliegp123 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:41 am

Today, 107 years ago Harry Wolhuter stabbed and killed the lion!!!

Return to “History, Archeology and Culture”