Skip to Content

Getaway guide to "where to watch game in the KNP"

See what other forumites recommend you should read
gewoonkees

Getaway guide to "where to watch game in the KNP"

Unread postby gewoonkees » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:38 am

I've been quite a few times in the KNP. I have used the mentioned guide often. But this guide (made Nigel Dennis) had its first edition in 2000. So I suppose a few things have changed in the meantime? Or not? Or are there any alternatives to prepare the drives. Or is the first release still usable? What do you think?
See http://www.keesennico.nl/kees/zuidafrika2013/album/
I am looking forward to visit Kruger again. Hopefully end of July 2014

Kicker Cat

Re: Getaway guide to "where to watch game in the KNP"

Unread postby Kicker Cat » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:49 am

Hi "GewwonKees"
That book will still be good - I suggest that when you arrive at the KNP gate you buy the latest guide as some of the roads may have changed (in any event it would be good to check at gates and camps what the state of the roads are) This book is also avaialble in Dutch (sometimes sold out)

Seeing game, as you can read on the forum, is most often being in the right place at the right time - you need to drive slowly and keep a good look out
Regards,

KC

yoda
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby yoda » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi Gewoonkies,

I have asked this same question under the Recomended Reading Secton a few months ago. It appears that this book has not been updated.

I have had fantastic sightings on roads that Nigel Denis does not rate as being productive. And I have also had some pretty slow drives on roads that he does. As KC says, it is all about being at the right place at the right time! :mrgreen:

Thanks
Yoda

MarilizeB

Unread postby MarilizeB » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:52 am

There is a brand new Kruger book out. Please follow this http://www.petersguide.co.za you can order directly from them.

Return to “Bookshelf”