Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics






Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 3 of 5
 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:53 am 
Offline
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:42 pm
Posts: 17943
Location: Red sand, why do I keep thinking of red sand?
Shouldn't landscapes be nice and wide? :hmz:
Something like this view towards the Quaqua area of Golden Gate?

Image
(Click to enlarge)

_________________
Arriving currently: The photos from our trip! Overhere! :yaya:

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:01 pm 
Offline
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:15 pm
Posts: 1891
Location: Johannesburg - too far from the closest Sanpark
Great panoramic Duco :)

_________________
The 'mite formerly known as joshilewis

FGASA Level 1 Guide

Glen Reenen TR

15-18 June: Berg-en-dal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:44 pm
Posts: 150
Location: Pretoria South Africa
oh wow DuQues, that's very wide and lovely!
Love the lonely figure. Did you stitch it?
wide is very beautiful but pierneef never painted that wide :lol:

_________________
Of all the things I'd been skeptical about, I didn't feel skeptical about this: the wilderness had a clarity that included me. ~Cheryl Strayed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:15 pm 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:44 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Cape Town-but dreaming of KTP
Quote:
What focal length did you use for it btw?


I used 22mm.

Quote:
Open for constructive comment on this one?

always :D

_________________
13-15th Oct Kgalagadi Lodge
16th Oct - Twee Rivieren
17-19 Oct - Urikaruus. :)
:) :) :) :) :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:16 pm 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:44 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Cape Town-but dreaming of KTP
great shot Duco !

_________________
13-15th Oct Kgalagadi Lodge
16th Oct - Twee Rivieren
17-19 Oct - Urikaruus. :)
:) :) :) :) :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:46 pm 
Offline
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:15 pm
Posts: 1891
Location: Johannesburg - too far from the closest Sanpark
Caracal wrote:
Quote:
What focal length did you use for it btw?


I used 22mm.

Quote:
Open for constructive comment on this one?

always :D

I find it distracting that the lines aren't horizontal and vertical. I would also consider cropping it a bit tighter to the window maybe.

I'm also interested in the lighting. I assume you took this inside. Was there a door or another window on the opposite side?

_________________
The 'mite formerly known as joshilewis

FGASA Level 1 Guide

Glen Reenen TR

15-18 June: Berg-en-dal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:03 pm 
Offline
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:42 pm
Posts: 17943
Location: Red sand, why do I keep thinking of red sand?
giraffee wrote:
Love the lonely figure.

Me too, that's my wife, also known as Guinea Pig on these forums. :wink:
giraffee wrote:
Did you stitch it?

Her? :shock: :lol: :lol:

But if you mean the photo, Yep!
I made something like 30 photos for this pano, and put them together with Autostitch (www.autostitch.net, a free program).

_________________
Arriving currently: The photos from our trip! Overhere! :yaya:

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:52 pm 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:44 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Cape Town-but dreaming of KTP
joshilewis wrote:
Caracal wrote:
Quote:
What focal length did you use for it btw?


I used 22mm.

Quote:
Open for constructive comment on this one?

always :D

I find it distracting that the lines aren't horizontal and vertical. I would also consider cropping it a bit tighter to the window maybe.

I'm also interested in the lighting. I assume you took this inside. Was there a door or another window on the opposite side?


Yes the lines are a bit distracting but it was difficult..it was not a very straight window to start off with. :roll: Cropping closer would work ..but what I enjoyed about this scene was the constrast between the spectacular view and the delapidated walls...so I would not want to crop the walls.
The lighting..yes there was a open door directly opposite this window but the light did not really fall in the direction of the window..I underexposed by one full stop to eliminate blinkies that I was getting from the sky and I used flash to help light up the wall...

Thanks for the comments :thumbs_up:

_________________
13-15th Oct Kgalagadi Lodge
16th Oct - Twee Rivieren
17-19 Oct - Urikaruus. :)
:) :) :) :) :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:59 pm 
Offline
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:15 pm
Posts: 1891
Location: Johannesburg - too far from the closest Sanpark
Caracal wrote:
joshilewis wrote:
Caracal wrote:
Quote:
What focal length did you use for it btw?


I used 22mm.

Quote:
Open for constructive comment on this one?

always :D

I find it distracting that the lines aren't horizontal and vertical. I would also consider cropping it a bit tighter to the window maybe.

I'm also interested in the lighting. I assume you took this inside. Was there a door or another window on the opposite side?


Yes the lines are a bit distracting but it was difficult..it was not a very straight window to start off with. :roll: Cropping closer would work ..but what I enjoyed about this scene was the constrast between the spectacular view and the delapidated walls...so I would not want to crop the walls.
The lighting..yes there was a open door directly opposite this window but the light did not really fall in the direction of the window..I underexposed by one full stop to eliminate blinkies that I was getting from the sky and I used flash to help light up the wall...

Thanks for the comments :thumbs_up:

Sure. I thought you might have used a flash but I wasn't sure due to the temperature of the light on the wall.
I hadn't realised that the walls weren't too straight to begin with :redface:

_________________
The 'mite formerly known as joshilewis

FGASA Level 1 Guide

Glen Reenen TR

15-18 June: Berg-en-dal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:13 am 
Offline
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:22 am
Posts: 4733
Will post a few later, please comment. :thumbs_up:

DQ, ROFLMHO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Soon, very soon.......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:41 pm 
Offline
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 613
Location: Pretoria
Great shot DuQues! You did a great job putting them together.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:44 pm
Posts: 150
Location: Pretoria South Africa
:lol: @ DQ. Thanks for the link.

_________________
Of all the things I'd been skeptical about, I didn't feel skeptical about this: the wilderness had a clarity that included me. ~Cheryl Strayed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:21 am 
Offline
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:49 am
Posts: 808
Location: !!Australia!!
Image
during the victorian bushfires on top of mount beauty.
:cry:
and yes its called mount beauty :roll:

_________________
Batmads team
stiffneck mob member
Official Cam Watcher


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:19 am
Posts: 116
Location: STRAND-ed @ The Beach!
Only stumbled onto this topic. I just love the landscape in KNP. I think sometimes we forget to look at the surroundings. I would like some criticism, good or bad. It’s the only way to learn. I’m still a wannabe! Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Landscapes
Unread postPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:44 am
Posts: 4755
Location: On the edge of heaven
Wannebee or not. I like the picture Issi. :thumbs_up:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Webcams Highlights

Addo Nossob Orpen Satara
Addo Nossob Orpen Satara
Submitted by Ang at 05:07:35 Submitted by enrico at 05:33:57 Submitted by enrico at 05:13:03 Submitted by enrico at 04:42:11