Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Online reservations and Wild card renwals
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:39 am 

hello i am very new at this but look forward to being able to chat on this forum. quick question is it just me or are there more people battling to reserve accomodation or renew my wild card online.

I payed for my new wild card at Bergendale last June. they said I should register online and I have tried a few times -no luck. i am trying to book a bungalo Satara for the end of August for 3 night and can't do that either.

regards

Bambi Walters

Post subject: Re: Online reservations and Wild card renwals
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:45 am 

Bambi,

When you say you can't do it, do you get an error message or anything to indicate why you can't do it? How far do you get through the process?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:55 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

For the past 2 days I have been trying to send a query about my wild card. I also am getting a error says the security caption is incorrect!! I have tried 10 plus different ones and all are incorrect. I also have tried on 3 different PC's so it not at my end.

7-11 Satara
12-15 Olifants
16-19 Lower Sabie
20-22 Croc Bridge

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bambi50 wrote:
hello i am very new at this but look forward to being able to chat on this forum. quick question is it just me or are there more people battling to reserve accomodation or renew my wild card online.

I payed for my new wild card at Bergendale last June. they said I should register online and I have tried a few times -no luck. i am trying to book a bungalo Satara for the end of August for 3 night and can't do that either.

regards

Bambi Walters

Hi Bambi,

Could you possibly drop me an email with the details? I will investigate it for you looking at our logs

Thanks

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shushin wrote:
For the past 2 days I have been trying to send a query about my wild card. I also am getting a error says the security caption is incorrect!! I have tried 10 plus different ones and all are incorrect. I also have tried on 3 different PC's so it not at my end.

Hi Sushin,

I have tested the capture mechanism and it is working, we are getting feedback from other users using the form too.

If you look at the bottom of the site we now have a "Report error on site" if you can click that and drop us a line with the details we can investigate specifically for you.

We will need your operating system type, your browser etc

Thanks

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:54 pm 

Going to move this topic over to Chill Room shortly, we are trying to keep all the technical issues in there.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:00 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Thanks for the reply. :) Will give it 1 more try when I get home then report if I still have a problem.

stevenjm wrote:
Shushin wrote:

Hi Sushin,

I have tested the capture mechanism and it is working, we are getting feedback from other users using the form too.

If you look at the bottom of the site we now have a "Report error on site" if you can click that and drop us a line with the details we can investigate specifically for you.

We will need your operating system type, your browser etc

Thanks

7-11 Satara
12-15 Olifants
16-19 Lower Sabie
20-22 Croc Bridge

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:06 pm 

Hi there

I have created a new POST about this problem, please look out for it.

I have also experienced having difficulty in renewing my existing membership, now they want to charge me another R100 after taking out the most expensive option, because I used the "new application" and discarded my Wild card??

I am thinking of taking them to the Consumer Protection Authority.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 pm 

LeonRoberto wrote:
Hi there

I have created a new POST about this problem, please look out for it.

I have also experienced having difficulty in renewing my existing membership, now they want to charge me another R100 after taking out the most expensive option, because I used the "new application" and discarded my Wild card??

I am thinking of taking them to the Consumer Protection Authority.

LeonRoberto,

I have moved your original post to the specific forum set up to deal with Wild Card issues. You will be able to find it here:
viewtopic.php?p=2085122#p2085122

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:52 am 

Hi there Bambi, join the club.....read my post, I tried unsuccessfully to simply "renew an existing membership" the result was after contacting the ROBOTIC Help Line, they replied as if they had not read or understood my problem via email, which was caused by their incompetence to begin with??

Then I receive a reply from SARAF asking me for details, when I try to reply the forum tags my reply as SPAM??

What a laugh!! Reminds one of dealing with government officials..lol

bambi50 wrote:

regards

Bambi Walters

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:58 am 

Here is another one tagged as SPAM...they are using a"muzzle"

Saraf, I am getting the distinct impression that I am being intentionally manipulated here?

Why was my message tagged as "SPAM" to you, its soooooo frustrating, its like dealing with government officials!!

bambi50 wrote:

regards

Bambi Walters

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:03 am 

LeonRoberto wrote:
Here is another one tagged as SPAM...they are using a"muzzle"

Saraf, I am getting the distinct impression that I am being intentionally manipulated here?

Why was my message tagged as "SPAM" to you, its soooooo frustrating, its like dealing with government officials!!

Dear LeonRoberto

You joined the forums yesterday evening and only made two posts. It is normal, as one of the spam filters, for forum software to ask that the first few posts of members be approved by the admin team. We pride ourselves that this forum is kept free of spam. All you posts have now been approved (within minutes of them being posted) and are able to be read by all.

I also suggest you read the forum rules which can be found here.

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:12 pm 

I wrote to SARAF, not you??

Dear LeonRoberto

You joined the forums yesterday evening and only made two posts. It is normal, as one of the spam filters, for forum software to ask that the first few posts of members be approved by the admin team. We pride ourselves that this forum is kept free of spam. All you posts have now been approved (within minutes of them being posted) and are able to be read by all.

I also suggest you read the forum rules which can be found here.[/quote]

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:22 pm 

I actually do not care who you wrote to. You made a post on these forums. I am a moderator and it is my responsibility to assist you where I can.

I also am assisting you in inviting you to read the rules of these forums. If you wish to remain a member of these forums, I suggest you abide by those rules I linked to in my previous post here :wink:

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:50 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
FAC Member (2012)
Why all the fuss. Renew it when you get to a SANPark again.