Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Problem with online bookings
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:12 am 

Just checked again, just for interest sake.

Still not working - more than a month now. (Thank goodness I don't want to change my booking anymore)

I can only assume one of three things
1. Taking more than a month to fix a bug is normal and acceptable for SANParks, and their paying customers are supposed to just accept it. :roll:
2. This is not a priority for SANParks. They don't care about people who want to change bookings online, outside (SA) office hours. :?
3. This is not a bug, and the as-yet-unexplained rule that stops people from changing bookings online in certain circumstances applied to me. If this is the case, I'd like an answer to my question from last week for future reference, please - under which circumstances is one not allowed amend a booking (that was made online) online? Also - just a suggestion - can you please make the message say "You are not allowed to change this booking because...", rather than "No alternative accommodation available", so that people like can know what is going on, and stop nagging you to fix it. :doh:

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If all goes according to plan this functionality should work perfectly by Wednesday night.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:39 pm 

AFRICAT wrote:
It has been my experience (as recently as a few minutes ago, as well as in the past), that the note of no other accom. availability does not prevent me from amending my booking.

1. I edit the dates I want to cancel and hit the "change" button
2. I hit the "add itinerary" button, choose my new camp and dates
3. Go to checkout, and then hit "confirm".

It has never stopped me from completing my amendments, though it is confusing, for sure, to see the note even though there are other accom. available. My experience is to just ignore it and continue through the process and it works fine.

So how do you change your camp/accomodation type?

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:14 pm 

AFRICAT wrote:
To change my camp/accom. I did the following:

1. Chose the existing reserv. #, edited the particular camp dates I wanted to change (select the camp and a dropdown list will show your reserv. dates, then just change the dates to what you want to KEEP). Hit "CHANGE"

EX. I had 4 nights at Camp A, but 2 nights at Camp B became available, so I edited my dates for Camp A down to 2 nights, not 4. That left those 2 nights open for me to book elsewhere.

2. Hit "ADD ITINERARY", choose the Park, the camp, the dates, and proceed to checkout. You will then have to "CONFIRM" amendments, and that's it! You will get a message the amendments were successful.

Just wait a few minutes for the Confirmation email to be certain, but that has never failed for me.

I hope that's not too long winded, and I don't have the screens in front of me, but will be happy to help further if I can.

I just wanted to change my accomodation type for all nights. There was a cancellation, and a better unit became available. Since you aren't allowed to book two different accomodation types in the same camp on consecutive nights, I couldn't manipulate it with the dates. The only way was to wait for the central bookings office to open and call them, hoping that no one else snaps it up online before the office opens.

I am a software developer. If I left a bug the completely disabled a piece of functionality in production for over a month, without even giving feedback to the users unless they ask for it, I would be explaining to my boss why they shouldn't fire me.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:37 pm 

squirrel_asc, what you have to do is cancel the accommodation you have, then book the accommodation you want. You will not lose the accommodation you have unless you confirm amendments right at the end.

I have done this many times for The Kgalagadi. It is difficult to get into Urikaruus and Grootkolk, so I check regularly if something comes up. I then would cancel my unit in, say Nossob (no you will not lose it unless you confirm the amendment) and book the unit in say Grootkolk. Finally you confirm the amendment. I have also changed for a better unit in the same camp, for example from a Safari Tent to a Safari Tent with river view in Lower Sabie.

My assumption here is you did not first cancel the unit you have, apologies if I got that wrong.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:10 am 

Sharifa wrote:
My assumption here is you did not first cancel the unit you have, apologies if I got that wrong.

That is absolutely correct. I did not want cancel my unit because... well, I don't want to cancel our trip. :roll: I wanted to change it. So I expect to be allowed to change it, as I had in the past. I asked on here, numerous times, if there was another way to amend my booking, and the only answers I got was to phone reservations. Which wasn't really very comforting when I discovered a cancellation an hour before central reservations opened. In the past, I have seen cancellation disappear again within minutes.

We often book of fairly short notice, and then we book whatever is available. When the time comes for people to pay the balance on their bookings, there is almost always cancellations, and then we can often either upgrade our unit, or move to another camp. I have ALWAYS done this online in the past, without a problem. It takes two minutes, there is no extra cost (unless the new unit is more expensive, of course) and no risk.

From their last piece of feedback that stated that the fix was supposed to be implemented on Wednesday night, I deduce that this is, in fact, a bug, and that it will be fixed at some point in the future. I find it rather strange that it is such a huge issue, since it looks like this same bug has been fixed before, so really they should know how to fix it again. :? And it is really aggravating that it is so hard to get feedback. :wall:

At this stage, I just hope that it will be fixed before I book our next trip...

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stark wrote:
Hi team, does anybody know if the booking system was impacted by the heart bleed security issue thats all over the net?

hey stark,

No, our bookings system and wild card program is not open to the vulnerability as we are in a version prior to the vulnerability being introduced.

All details, authentication and handshakes are 100% secure to the correct standards.

Thanks

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AFRICAT wrote:
To change my camp/accom. I did the following:

1. Chose the existing reserv. #, edited the particular camp dates I wanted to change (select the camp and a dropdown list will show your reserv. dates, then just change the dates to what you want to KEEP). Hit "CHANGE"

EX. I had 4 nights at Camp A, but 2 nights at Camp B became available, so I edited my dates for Camp A down to 2 nights, not 4. That left those 2 nights open for me to book elsewhere.

2. Hit "ADD ITINERARY", choose the Park, the camp, the dates, and proceed to checkout. You will then have to "CONFIRM" amendments, and that's it! You will get a message the amendments were successful.

Just wait a few minutes for the Confirmation email to be certain, but that has never failed for me.

I hope that's not too long winded, and I don't have the screens in front of me, but will be happy to help further if I can.

We have picked up an error on our side with the calculations query, we have addressed it and hope to release it with a new build we have been working on.

We are aiming at releasing activities bookings online and the fix is part of that build estimated to go live on Monday evening.

If we do not launch for anything unforeseen reason, we will still launch the fix for the alternative accommodation issue.

Thanks

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:28 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Yes, Sharifa explained it perfectly!

Post subject: Re: Online reservations and Wild card renwals
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 pm 

LeonRoberto wrote:
Hi there

I have created a new POST about this problem, please look out for it.

I have also experienced having difficulty in renewing my existing membership, now they want to charge me another R100 after taking out the most expensive option, because I used the "new application" and discarded my Wild card??

I am thinking of taking them to the Consumer Protection Authority.

LeonRoberto,

I have moved your original post to the specific forum set up to deal with Wild Card issues. You will be able to find it here:
viewtopic.php?p=2085122#p2085122

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:52 am 

Hi there Bambi, join the club.....read my post, I tried unsuccessfully to simply "renew an existing membership" the result was after contacting the ROBOTIC Help Line, they replied as if they had not read or understood my problem via email, which was caused by their incompetence to begin with??

Then I receive a reply from SARAF asking me for details, when I try to reply the forum tags my reply as SPAM??

What a laugh!! Reminds one of dealing with government officials..lol

bambi50 wrote:
hello i am very new at this but look forward to being able to chat on this forum. quick question is it just me or are there more people battling to reserve accomodation or renew my wild card online.

I payed for my new wild card at Bergendale last June. they said I should register online and I have tried a few times -no luck. i am trying to book a bungalo Satara for the end of August for 3 night and can't do that either.

regards

Bambi Walters

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:03 am 

LeonRoberto wrote:
Here is another one tagged as SPAM...they are using a"muzzle"

Saraf, I am getting the distinct impression that I am being intentionally manipulated here?

Why was my message tagged as "SPAM" to you, its soooooo frustrating, its like dealing with government officials!!

Dear LeonRoberto

You joined the forums yesterday evening and only made two posts. It is normal, as one of the spam filters, for forum software to ask that the first few posts of members be approved by the admin team. We pride ourselves that this forum is kept free of spam. All you posts have now been approved (within minutes of them being posted) and are able to be read by all.

I also suggest you read the forum rules which can be found here.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:12 pm 

I wrote to SARAF, not you??

Dear LeonRoberto

You joined the forums yesterday evening and only made two posts. It is normal, as one of the spam filters, for forum software to ask that the first few posts of members be approved by the admin team. We pride ourselves that this forum is kept free of spam. All you posts have now been approved (within minutes of them being posted) and are able to be read by all.

I also suggest you read the forum rules which can be found here.[/quote]

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:22 pm 

I actually do not care who you wrote to. You made a post on these forums. I am a moderator and it is my responsibility to assist you where I can.

I also am assisting you in inviting you to read the rules of these forums. If you wish to remain a member of these forums, I suggest you abide by those rules I linked to in my previous post here :wink:

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:22 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Bush Baptist wrote:
Why all the fuss. Renew it when you get to a SANPark again.

I've also done this last year and will be renewing again in Mokala end of June