Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics






Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 5 of 17
 [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:39 am 
Offline
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:16 pm
Posts: 773
Location: Somewhere far far far away
Oh ya Jose. Well i think i got a little confused there. You know exams are stressful :whistle: :tongue:

_________________
I try my best and that's what matters I hope.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:59 am 
Offline
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:52 pm
Posts: 1739
Location: My business...
Jose wrote:
(Don't underestimate yourself... thanks to you at least 10,000+ forum members now know that there are no springboks in Kruger :lol: :P )


That was my ultimate blonde moment! :lol: My family won't even let that go!

I love the forum. It's fun, informative and I've met some really great people 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:43 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:31 pm
Posts: 11226
Location: Ballito, KZN North Coast, South Africa
What do I get out the forum, well, I think it might be quicker to answer what don't I get. :roll:
This forum has in a lot of ways changed my life, apart from communicating with people from all walks of life and parts of the world who all have a like minded passion for the wild, nature and everything about it.
I have learnt an incredible amount about our parks, birds and animals.
I have had an enormous amount of fun and lots of giggles and in fact all out FOMCROTFLMAO hysterics, especially with a couple of WTM's threads, the monkey story at Croc Bridge being one of them. :lol:
I have met some really wonderful people from the forum and struck up some lifelong friendships.
And even those who I have not met personally, there are those who I feel I know as if I have. :D
I have got most of my family involved on the forum, and most probably have slightly irritated some friends as my conversation can tend to be somewhat onesided. :roll: :wink:
I have definitely increased my computer skills. :D
Of course as in any situation there are bound to be times when you don't agree totally with a point of view but thats life. :wink:

_________________
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Kruger - 12th Feb - 20th Feb.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:51 am 
Offline
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:09 pm
Posts: 19661
Location: another national park.. in England
:clap: :thumbs_up: May I agree with everything you say Elsa

_________________
KUDU's mean Well done and Thank you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Why you joined
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:56 pm 
Meandering Mouse wrote:
"Regulars" is a quantatative not a qualitative concept


Exactly, MM! :shock:

Mods, can't we merge this with the "Why did you join the Forums" thread!?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:57 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:30 am
Posts: 43019
Location: Worcester, South Africa
Do not think this should go under 'Why did you join the forums' RP .
Do not find the same 'atmosphere' there.
I think 'issues' on this thread should be cleared up first.

_________________
aquila non capit muscas


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:48 pm 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:02 pm
Posts: 17137
Location: mind in SA, body in The Netherlands
Hi RP, we already though about it as mods.
But this one is indeed different.
Why did you join asks the question why
And this thread is
What did you get
In our opinion pre- active and being active.

A personal remark
The question isnt what you dont like about the forum and some members do post this :?

Therefore i think we shall start a thread what you like about the forum in the next few days

_________________
Submit your Images


Last edited by bert on Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:02 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:30 am
Posts: 43019
Location: Worcester, South Africa
Think it was Timbo that called you 'GREAT Bert' first :wink: ?

_________________
aquila non capit muscas


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Semantics
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:36 pm 
bert wrote:

Therefore i think we shall start a thread what you like about the forum in the next few days



Hello, Bert!
A THIRD thread!? :shock:

I don't know if casual visitors will grasp the subtlety of the differences amongst the 2/3 threads, and believe most would rather get their answers through reading a combination!

Although, I have very often been wrong before! :D


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:07 am 
Offline
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:53 pm
Posts: 3848
Location: Cambridge, MA (and home from home in Darling, WC)
bert wrote:
Hi RP, we already though about it as mods.
But this one is indeed different.
Why did you join asks the question why
And this thread is
What did you get
In our opinion pre- active and being active.

A personal remark
The question isnt what you dont like about the forum and some members do post this :?

Therefore i think we shall start a thread what you like about the forum in the next few days

Bert, I see NO need for yet another thread, just to "separate" likes from dislikes — or perhaps you're wanting to remove dislikes altogether?? :twisted:

I think I answered that "what do you get" aspect well, because currently I get some pleasure and some aggravation/irritation. In the beginning, before the explosion of social networking threads and members endlessly discussing their personal lives, I read pretty much everything on the forum. Now I "avoid" about 50% of what's posted, because it IMO has little or nothing to do with what I thought this forum was about: conservation, wildlife, nature and discussing SANParks.

I personally think that members stating what they don't like about the forum is just as relevant as what we do like — or is that just no longer politically correct enough ?? :roll: :roll:

I do agree that this thread is completely different from the "why did you join" thread and should be kept separate. However, I don't see any need for a "what do you like" thread unless it is a "what do you like/dislike" thread — and in fact, this thread is more than sufficient for that.

_________________
RSA 2014
20-16 Oct Joburg
27-30 Oct Mapungubwe: Limpopo forest tented camp, Leokwe camp
31 Oct-1 Nov Pafuri River Camp
2-15 Nov KNP: Punda Maria, Sirheni, Olifants, Tamboti, Skukuza
16-22 Nov Cape Town
23 Nov-20 Jan Darling


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:28 am 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:02 pm
Posts: 17137
Location: mind in SA, body in The Netherlands
arks wrote:
I personally think that members stating what they don't like about the forum is just as relevant as what we do like — or is that just no longer politically correct enough ?? :roll: :roll:


Very politically correct Arks.
But what you dont like can be a advantage to the mods and members.
Could be that some threads dont get the exposure we think or that we must add another thread(s)
But anyway, it still to be decided

_________________
Submit your Images


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Arks 1, Bert 0
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:12 pm 
bert wrote:
Could be that some threads dont get the exposure we think


Damn right!

I think this should be on "Chit-chat", for example, instead of being hidden on a rarely viewed forum. :twisted:

The other one is even more hidden!

The vultures descend on Bert, while the others are away!


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arks 1, Bert 0
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:24 pm 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:02 pm
Posts: 17137
Location: mind in SA, body in The Netherlands
Richprins wrote:
The vultures descend on Bert, while the others are away!

:twisted:

_________________
Submit your Images


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ducking
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:45 pm 
Let's wait for others to reply! 8)

Otherwise toughen up! :lol:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:34 pm 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:20 pm
Posts: 2886
Location: 4 hours from KNP : South Africa
FAC Member (2014)
This thread should be kept separate from "Why did you join the forums", and see no reason for a third thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Webcams Highlights

Addo Nossob Orpen Satara
Addo Nossob Orpen Satara
Submitted by Deeds at 18:54:19 Submitted by ritad at 20:46:32 Submitted by fenman5 at 19:25:29 Submitted by Anonymous at 11:06:24