I have launched the functionality as discussed earlier.
However, please note a couple of things:
1. The code in order to do this actually runs when the page is "loaded", so what that means is if you have a unique wallpaper set and you come back a while later, you will see our default for a slight moment then you will see your selection. This is unavoidable, and will be more noticeable when users with slow connections are on the site.
2. The selection is PER machine / browser, in other words, if you have a desktop and laptop - a selection from your desktop does not carry over to the laptop. Also if you use Firefox and chrome, the same concept - it will not carry over.
3. You are able to select a image or a solid background which includes our previous version's original colour as well as some "nice" colours, some users might see a "blue" instead of the green label, this is user based due to colour differences on RGB settings on each screen. A user with a LCD LED, will see a much lighter colour than a user with a normal CRT or even LCD screen.
4. We are tracking what wallpapers users are using, so, your wallpaper selected today, might or might not be there in a months time. We will only have 15 items up and we will keep the popular ones there, but will rotate the more unimportant ones out as we see fit.
5. Most importantly, this is not permanent, you will only be able to save your selection for 30 days, this is intentional for the following reasons: We want you to see our new wallpapers
Therefore, if you have not selected anything in the past "30" days, day 31, you will revert back to our standard chosen wallpaper.
Where do you get to change it? In the top menu, under interact you will find multimedia, you can see our awesome videos that we are doing now as well as find the wallpapers link on the left hand menu.
If you have any issues with this, or experience any "gremlins" out of the above, please drop me a line on this.
Guys remember this is a pilot change and if we feel does not add benefit to you or raises more issues than if we didn't have it "you see the wallpaper we tell you to see", we will drop the functionality.