Wow, I had no idea we had such a poor reputation amongst forum members
Reading this whole thread has been grueling, but I am glad I did.
I must apologise for what has transpired regarding all the pictures in the past. I wish I had seen this forum thread when this was all taking place in July. Frankly, my skills are with web development and, over the years of marketing SANParks products, I have learnt numerous things the hard way through stupid mistakes.
Just to clarify a few things:
* We do indeed operate Accommodation Direct and KrugerPark.com
* After I was notified of the image issues I personally removed every single picture on both KrugerPark.com and all AD websites
* We subsequently sent a staff member up to the Kruger Park as well as along the Garden Route to take pictures and I travelled to Golden Gate to take some pictures
* Any other pictures we have been explicitly granted permission to use
* Muntasir was asked to find images for our sites, but strictly in accordance with what we thought to be legal and ethical, we will never use another image without permission again
I know the concensus is that we are troglodytes who have never actually been to the park before, but this is not true. Myself and our staff have all been on tour operator tours and most have travelled to the park in their personal capacity. Without sounding cheesy, I personally take my mother to a different SANParks restcamp every Oct/Nov and I am very proud of having such fantastic places available to go on holiday. If I had my way, I would probably move to WIlderness and operate from a log cabin!
All I can do is apologise again and promise our commitment toward operating in a manner which is both ethical and legally sound. We do our best to promote travel throughout South Africa, with a very big focus on SANParks - especially to overseas visitors who are presented with a wealth of different options when visiting SA.
We are very lucky to have SANParks and the park is very lucky to have such a committed following - clear from this forum and from the countless enthusiastic reviews we receive from guests every day - and capable staff like Nedret who ensure that everything is run correctly.
I hope we can continue on a better footing..I look forward to participating in the forum.