Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Locked Posts / Off topic threads / Dreams for our future
Unread postPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:09 pm 

Malealea,

You haven't been around long enough to see so you haven't seen what we do? Maybe we do exactly as you say we should...

As MarkusF pointed out, this thread hadn't been posted in for years until you dredged it up.

The bottom line is we have rules on this forum, you were supposed to read them and agree to abide by them before you started posting. If you don't agree with them, there is not much we can do about it, they will not be revoked.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:05 pm 

Hi Saraf,

I Do realise what you do and I really apreciate this. As I statted yes I had a long break, I can´t deny that, but I realised that lot´s of Posts are locked up. I read the Post in a couple of Threads I really ask myself why! Because there were no explination, as in the rules are statted.

You are correckt, if you like to partizipate then you have to obey the rules, but that doesn´t mean that we are not allowed to question them. That is what i do. A Forum lifes from developments but at certain points I see a stagnation. I want to give you an exampel. SANP is always talking about Marketing. Absolutley fine, but a good Marketing can also be that we should be allowed to recommondate non SANP related Hotels etc. SANP is more develop to a South African Forum. And that is in my oppinion fine. I was really surprised that my Post were editet because my recomon. was not SANP. But this Person want to go to SANP but have to sleep over some where. Maybe you understand what I mean. In this Sektion were no Alternatives.

Next point, I was told by a Mod, that a Topic is locked, then for ever. Why don´t you do a Temp. Lock up?
I don´t get it.

Best Regards
ML

Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:16 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Location: Johannesburg - where they cut down trees and name streets after them.
Malealea,

You do not get the whole picture by reading a thread. Posts which are against the rules of the forum are either edited or removed. When a thread is locked there is always a good reason for it and I'm sure most if not all members involved in the thread knows the reason it was locked.

Quote:
I was really surprised that my Post were editet because my recomon. was not SANP. But this Person want to go to SANP but have to sleep over some where. Maybe you understand what I mean. In this Sektion were no Alternatives.

As a rule we will not bring this up on open forum but seeing that you did....
There is an alternative. 50km away from the park you mentioned, is Marakele National Park.
The rules clearly state: SANParks only, full stop. :wink:

Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:14 pm 

Hi JenB,

I fully understand that you are the "police" of the forum. But still that doesn´t mean, that we could discuss it. I do get the point very clear. But, to some Rules I simply disagree. But that is really doesn´t matter I will not be able to change anything. If I bring this Topic on the Table... well you can read the whole thread... .

Editing or even deleting makes only sense, if spamming or other Illegal Internet Method is used. I fully accept this. And I´m glad That you are here and watching over us. Please don´t missinterprete it. There are just tiny things we could change to make the forum even better. But editing or even deleting Posts is very questionable, because the line between SANP and not SANP realtet Topics ist very Tiny.

In some posts I realised, that a few forumites were complaing that the mods are strickt
JenB wrote:
The rules clearly state: SANParks only, full stop.
. The last word underline it. Evenso you made a smiley behind it.

The best Idea would be, to increase the communication. Meaning if a thread is Locked up, don´t just write The Topic will be locked now. Just mention a few things, because it will makes things more understandable. I don´t want to make trouble at all but there are a few things that have to be discussed.

Thanks by the wax for the nice discussion, I hope you do so aswell. Saraf and JenB enjoy your evening.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:52 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Malealea,

The moderators on this forum are just enforcing the rules. The rules were laid by the Administrator of the forum. I'm sure discussions are welcome, but the crux are if any member has a problem with the said rules, wouldn't it be better to take it rather up with the Administrator with supporting evidence?

Just my opinion as a new member :)

Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:56 pm 

Hi Markus,

Well you are correkt to a certain points. If I tell the Admin, I will underline the hierachie of the Mods, which can cause Problems in Terms of acceptions. Therefor I find it better to tell the Mod via Thread, because then they will be able to take actions, if neccasary. I have done bad experience to undergo Hierarchie.

As I said already, the Mods do have an important Job, with the acception of stricktness, I´m glad that they are here. Because If you don´t have them a Forum can develop a turn over, so that this place get very uncomfortable. I was and am also active in certain Forums where the system don´t work at all. That is by SANP not the case. I enjoy the people and the sorroundings. there are just a few things which can/must be changed, to make it even better. I put this thread up, because I was a victim of editing a Post or locking a Thread up. In this certain case some Fomies were disapointet that it was locked up. Actually, even after the explantion from the Mods, I couldn´t understand it. that is my reason why I put that thread up. some Problems still exist, which was alraedy discussed earlier. It was more or less a refresher :mrgreen:

Best regards

Unread postPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:01 am 

Location: Johannesburg - where they cut down trees and name streets after them.
Malealea,

MarkusF is correct.
If you feel you've been unfairly treated, please write to Nedret at nedret.saidova@sanparks.org. Please include evidence of your accusations because she will ask for it.

Saraf gave you the final reply from the moderators:
Saraf wrote:
If you don't agree with them, there is not much we can do about it, they will not be revoked.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:10 am 
Award: Quiz Whiz of the Year (2013)
Award: Musketeer of the Year, Quiz Whiz of the Year (2012)
Since I joined the SANParks Forum, there have been many mites' opinions as to why the rules are not satisfactory and why they should therefore be changed. However, SANParks sets the rules and it is up to the mods to enforce them; the mods do not set the boundaries. Whether we agree entirely with every rule is not the issue - there are bound to be rules that every person sees as contrary to their modes of daily functioning or thoughts and opinions on various things. What IS important is that most of the rules are fair and applied equally, and, in my experience, I have no doubt that this is the case. Some people sometimes see the mods as being too stringent or unfair, but in hindsight or with post-analysis, there are almost always good and sound reasons why certain measures have been taken. The mods also take great care to give fair warning and explanation to the transgressor and they will seldom follow a punitive path until they have sought resolution with the offending party. It must also be remembered that, compared to many other forums, this one runs smoothly and weeds out foul language, disrespectful behaviour to other mites, and spammers, and keeps interesting and educational topics streaming through. We must also remember the dedication in time and effort that the mods put into this forum to keep it the wonderful place it is. Sadly, though, not everyone will agree and not everyone will remain. Personally, I have learned an inordinate amount from this forum and have met some wonderful friends and fellow polyglots along the way. In my opinion, this forum is the place to be. :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance:

TR: PRIMEVAL PLEASURE

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." (Groucho Marx)

Unread postPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:58 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

We are all entitled to our opinions.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:50 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

onewithnature wrote:
Sadly, though, not everyone will agree and not everyone will remain. Personally, I have learned an inordinate amount from this forum and have met some wonderful friends and fellow polyglots along the way. In my opinion, this forum is the place to be. :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:whistle: Own.........I agree with you. :clap: :great:

Extinction is forever and survival is up to---every last one of us!

Unread postPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:00 pm 

Hi JenB,

I guess you must have missunderstand me. You are doing your Jobs, because you are the mod. Therefor I don´t feel unfair threaten by you. Because every action you took, you were able to defend. Evenso I rarly get the point but that is another Story.

Hi One with nature

Yes you did write a very wise text. :thumbs_up: I do enjoy the Forum aswell. No doubt and you are absolutley correkt that this place is indeed a very nice one. All the Points that you mentioned are absolutley correkt.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:04 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
DinkyBird wrote:
Just seen this quote on FB. I think it is rather apt to post it here.

Before fighting fire with fire remember that the Fire Department usually uses water!

DB that's so true!!!! :clap: :clap:

Unread postPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:25 pm 

CV :thumbs_up: I like that Statment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8