Skip to Content

Why are you on the FORUM??

Tell us what we can do better, need to clear the air, voice your concern or provide feedback about the forum
Boorgatspook
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Re: Why are you on the FORUM??

Unread postby Boorgatspook » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:38 pm

:thumbs_up: Ashbash!

iNkwazi
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby iNkwazi » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:38 pm

I joined the forum way back in 2005 with a post about an injured lioness that we had seen on the road down to Croc Bridge. I was curious to know what had happened to her as the 'talk' was that she had been hit by a car. That post turned into a huge debate, and the topic was eventually changed to "Speeding". It's been deleted since.

I participated from time to time in the forum, but just before we went on another trip to KNP in July this year, I started actively browsing again, and the bug really bit, big time.

I have an unquechable thirst for Kruger, in fact have always held it close to my heart since being very small. My grandparents lived in White River and every school holidays we would go down to visit them and they would take us into the park. My grandfather, in particular, taught his grandchildren to appreciate all things wild and wonderful, and his enthusiasm has always been an inspiration to me.

Now I simply cannot stop trying to 'take in' and learn as much as I can re. the bush, nature, animals, birds, other critters, geography etc etc.

And this is where the forum comes in. From fellow forum members and their posts, I have gained so much knowledge and insight and it only serves to keep my appetite growing stronger and stronger.

Long live the forum, it's an invaluable site.
It takes one tree to make 10,000 matches, but one match to burn 10,000 trees.

normana53
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby normana53 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:05 am

I posted my reason for joining the forum about six months ago, before we made our first trip to Kruger. I joined to find out what to expect, and now will continue to be an active member and continue to share with a wonderful community of like minded people who love animals, the outdoors and nature, especially in Sanparks. We have been to South Africa twice now, and we have already begun to plan a return next year after World Cup madness is over. I thank everyone for the kind welcome to the forum, and for helping Tricia and I to have an unforgettable Kruger experience.
I would gladly give up rush hour traffic jams in Seattle for traffic jams like these in Kruger
In search of creatures great and small, Kruger here we come!
Flight Booked, Kruger Booked, can't wait for November, 2015

Munchkin
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Munchkin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:24 am

normana53 wrote:
I would gladly give up rush hour traffic jams in Seattle for traffic jams like these in Kruger

:thumbs_up:
(Munchkin = Our Persian Cat - Sadly Munchie no longer with us.)

tent dweller
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby tent dweller » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Due to my work,SO's work and our daughters schooling we are only able to go to the Kruger once a year for 2 weeks, I joined the Forum to learn more about the Kruger, to share our experiences with others and also to experience the Kruger when I am away from it. After reading some trip reports I actually feel that I have been with the author on holiday and looking at photos from trip reports makes me happy and makes life bearable until we can get back to the Kruger in person
PRETORIUSKOP 20 - 21 December 2015
TAMBOTI 22 - 24 December 2015
OLIFANTS 25 - 27 December 2015 (with a view)
LETABA 28 - 31 December 2015
MOPANI 01 - 03 January 2016 (with a view)
SKUKUZA 04 -06 January 2016

Boorgatspook

Unread postby Boorgatspook » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:44 pm

tent dweller wrote:After reading some trip reports I actually feel that I have been with the author on holiday and looking at photos from trip reports makes me happy and makes life bearable until we can get back to the Kruger in person

Ditto! :thumbs_up:

H. erectus
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby H. erectus » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Yup rather me shut-up before,....

well before leaving cracks in my
hard core attitude!!!!!
It cannot be made more or less for that matter but it can be altered to suit.- The universe.

Return to “Chill Room ”