Skip to Content

Forum Web Page Navigation

Find information and FAQ's not related to the parks, like Health & Safety, 4x4 etc.

Moderator: lion queen

yoda
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Forum Web Page Navigation

Unread postby yoda » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:14 am

Hi Mods,

A quick question on links in a post and how it opens up.

When I click on a link (either to another topic in the forum, or to an external website), it navigates away from the webpage and goes to the one on the link. It doesn't open a new window. I have tried this on various computers with various Browsers and it is always the same.

If I have followed a link, sometimes it is difficult to get back to where I started, clicking "back" all the time.

Is there any way of changing this??
Is there any way of setting the systen up so that when a link is clicked on, a new window opens?

Thanks
Yoda

Dotty
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Forum Web Page Navigation

Unread postby Dotty » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:25 am

I don't think it can be changed yoda ,but there is a way around it..What browser are you on ? In Mozilla Firefox If I right-click on the link..I can choose either Open in a new window or open in a new tab ..
KUDU's mean Well done and Thank you

saraf

Re: Forum Web Page Navigation

Unread postby saraf » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:47 am

There's an even quicker way that is browser independent.

Hold the Ctrl button when clicking on the link and it will open in a new tab. Hold the Shift key while clicking on the link and it will open a new browser window.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

Return to “Advice needed (Not Park Specific) ”