SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Im Curious Hope Someone Can give me Advice On Bush Walks
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:47 am 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Sheenaugh-Lee wrote:
Ive always found it interesting how people are willing to go on bush walks given the danger that your placing yourself in (...)

I've always found it interesting how people are so happy about seeing a lion (it is larger than a human!) but never see the little things. You see the odd photo of bungbeetles, maybe a spider if it was a large one, but very few of the little things.
And the little things are also what makes Kruger.

The only way to see the little things is by going on a walk. You might see big things, but you will see plenty little things, and get a larger picture of what Kruger, well, nature, is about.
By all means go on a walk, and enjoy!

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Post subject: Re: Im Curious Hope Someone Can give me Advice On Bush Walks
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:17 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

OH I definitely agree with you Du Ques one would learn so much more about the things we take for granted one thing that caught my eye to bush walks was when (forgive me I can't remember which TR) but they went on a bush walk and watched a honey badger trying to catch a scorpion for breakfast I find that fascinating because its amazing to me how honey badger knew to go looking their for a scorpion it has to be something about that habitat and positioning that sets it off that the honey badger would know, my biggest dream ever is to see an armadillo and an ant eater in the kruger but how am I going to know where to or how to start the search if i don't and not aware of the nitty grittys, ant mounds in the kruger are another fascination for me has anyone ever sat and wondered at how long an ant mound of the stature we see in the park must take for an ant to build amazing! :)

Home is where the Heart is and my Heart lies in the Kruger ...FACT!