Skip to Content

Dogs?

Find information and FAQ's not related to the parks, like Health & Safety, 4x4 etc.
Joh

Dogs?

Unread postby Joh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi!

Does anybody know if dogs are allowed in other national parks or nature reserves than parts of the Table Mountain NP?

Regards,

Joh

Joh

Re: Dogs?

Unread postby Joh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Thank you. I know that. The same applies for every other "big-animal-park" - but I'm interested in the small parks/nature reserves. I'm not sure about all of them. The old "walking-the-dog in TMNP Info" stated something like: "TMNP is one of the few parks that allow dogs" and now I'm interested, if there are still other parks/reserves which allow dogs.

Regards,

Joh

P.S. that's not correct Dotty, dogs are allowed in some parts of the TMNP - a walk my dog there nearly every day :D

Joh

Unread postby Joh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Dotty, I don't understand what you mean. Everybody in Cape Town walks there dogs in TMNP. Favourite spots are Silvermine, Constantia Nek area, Noordhoek Beach and so on. Im walking my dog here every day as lots and lots of other Captonians.
Your find the pamphlet about dog walking in TMNP here: http://www.sanparks.org/parks/table_mou ... dogwalking

Son godin
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Son godin » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Joh,

The other National park where you will find dogs is Richtersveldt Nat Park. There were still Namas living in the park looking after goats with their dogs when we visited the park in 2006. However I do not think you will be able to take your dog a long, but it might be that you can get special permission. :hmz:
Trip Reports - Painted, spotted and striped animals of the Koppies, TT of Three Arid Parks near Namibia in April 2015

Dotty
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Dotty » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Re AisAis Richtersveld link
KUDU's mean Well done and Thank you

ecape

Unread postby ecape » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:44 am

There are some places in the Baviaans that allow dogs!!
"I just wish the world was twice as big and half of it was still unexplored."
David Attenborough

saraf

Unread postby saraf » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Joh, I came across this recommendation in a TR earlier in the week. Don't know if it will help or not.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

Andre vR

Main road through Tamkwa-Karoo NP

Unread postby Andre vR » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:36 am

I am traveling with my dog. Can I use the main road from Middelpos to Onder-Wadrif through Tankwa-Karoo NP, provided I do not stay over in the park.

Lesego
Guru
Guru

Re: Main road through Tamkwa-Karoo NP

Unread postby Lesego » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:36 am

Hi Andre;

Dogs are not allowed inside the Park, but as you mentioned that will not be staying over, it will be fine.
Please do not let the dog outside the vehicle, if you will be stopping for sightseeing. :)
Lesego Nko
Web forum and Online Stakeholder Relations
Lesego.nko@sanparks.org
Tel: (012) 426 5202

Return to “Advice needed (Not Park Specific) ”