Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 809 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Bookings - advice/feedback
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:13 am 

good morning from germany!

we all speak about activities here, however, I personally still don't know where I can book or reserve them. I tried sanparks.org but they said I should contact my travel agent. Since I am my own travel agent, so far having done all the booking and reservations by myself, I wonder if anybody in this forum knows better - I simply don't want wait until I get there and then risk not getting in due to fully booked

thanks

Post subject: Re: reservations fpr activities
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:17 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Birder of the Year (2013)
ice wrote:
good morning from germany!

we all speak about activities here, however, I personally still don't know where I can book or reserve them. I tried sanparks.org but they said I should contact my travel agent. Since I am my own travel agent, so far having done all the booking and reservations by myself, I wonder if anybody in this forum knows better - I simply don't want wait until I get there and then risk not getting in due to fully booked

thanks

Hi Ice, I always try and do it with my original booking for accomodation. Depends on what activity you want to book. Some can only be booked within 24 hours of doing the activity like the 4x4 trails etc. Try emailing reservations@sanparks.org.za for the activity booking.

Follow me as I bird on Twitter @wildtuinman

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:29 am 

that's what I did and they said I should contact my travel agent - whom I don't have :D

I couldn't book the activities with my accomodation because at the time I didn't know which camps for example in Kruger were still available

thx

btw: I am talking about night and morning drives or walks

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:40 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Birder of the Year (2013)
ice wrote:
that's what I did and they said I should contact my travel agent - whom I don't have :D

I couldn't book the activities with my accomodation because at the time I didn't know which camps for example in Kruger were still available

thx

btw: I am talking about night and morning drives or walks

I don't know what their issue is, but in any case. Try explaining to them that you are the travel agent and that it should not make any difference in any case. Honestly.

If still no sollution, phone up the specific camps and try booking it through them.

If still no cigar, then I honestly don't know. Have u paid the deposit already? Maybe they can't change the booking then to just make ammends on an activity.

I suggest to try reservations again and only after failing to resolve the issue, phone the camps directly.

Cheerio
WTM.

Follow me as I bird on Twitter @wildtuinman

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:48 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hi Ice. we usually book through central reservation, we are not travel agents just indepentant travellers, if you have no joy try fax the camps directly with you requirements.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:52 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I booked my activities through central reservation (I phoned them) and made changes directly in the park.
They can change anything on your reservation even if you already payed the deposit.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:41 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

I booked my activities after I booked the accomodation. Do you have a reservation number, ice? You should be able to email reservations and book via them.

Post subject: Booking Online
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:56 pm 

Hi there! Can anyone please advise me about how to pay the accomodation for the national parcs in advance? I want to stay in Kalaghadi Tranbsfrontier Parc next July. I should use a bank transfer or email my creditcard details. I can not make the bank transfer, because the BIC-number is incorrect. Does anyone have experience in sending your creditcard details by mail (with an unsecured line)?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:01 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Suzie and welcome!

You can fax your credit card details to SANParks head office. I would only do this once you have confirmation of your bookings and, therefore, have a booking reference. Alternately, if you don't mind the cost, you could telephone and give your details there. I wouldn't pay using an insecure link and bank transfer is very expensive from most parts of the world. Hope this helps!

Incidentally, this post would probably get more responses on the Advice forum - Recommended Reading is more for book reviews etc.

Good luck with your booking!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:37 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hi Suzie and welcome to the forums! I'm sure one of the forum moderators will move your post thread to the Advice section so that you will get more replies.

Meanwhile, it's very easy to pay for your bookings once you have made them. You can only book accomodation 11 months in advance, which means that the earliest you can book for July 2006 will be August 2005. Or did you mean for July 2005, in which case, you can book accommodation now.

If you send an email to reservations (I think there's an email link either on the main SANParks page or on the Accommodation page) asking how to go about things, they will email you all the details.

Basically, once you have made your preliminary booking, you have to pay a deposit (1/3 of total I think) and then the balance is due 30 days before your booking begins. You can email your CC details using a form that Reservations will email to you (may also be possible to download the form).

If you click on "Reservations" on the sidebar to your left, you will get general info and the email link. The reservations staff is very helpful. Have fun planning and enjoy Khalagadi!!

cheers, arks

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:31 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hi Suzie

Welcome to the forum.

If you click here, it will open the reservations page for you. Everything is quite clear there.

Good luck

Being African is not determined by race, but by what's in your heart

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:22 pm 

This is a bit of a tangent, but I have a newbie's confusion over something, and I hope someone will be willing to help me sort it out here.

When folks talk about "booking through the SANparks website," are those bookings actually handled by a company called Siyabona? Or is there some more direct way to make the bookings?

Our Kruger booking for October is being done by Siyabona, and while they have been very prompt and efficient, there have been a few odd things, such as space not being available in camps that the website said had space, and being told we could not request a particular site in advance (even though others here have apparently been able to).

Thanks for any guidance.

-- Florentia

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:58 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Florentia
Siyabona are not SANParks - they are a travel agency, despite their website addresses suggesting that they are maybe affiliated or associated with SANParks. Saying that, I would have thought that they would have up to date information on availability.

The availability on the SANParks website is updated daily, so unless you are checking at 07:00 SA time every day, it will not necessarily reflect what is actually available.

Specific bungalows can't actually be booked in advance through SANParks either, although if you specify that this is what you would like, you might get lucky!

On our last trip, we seemed to visit at a particularly quiet time of the year and found that we were given the best possible accommodation in the category we had chosen, and as far away from other people as possible too. I'm not sure that this service could be offered by tour operators!

Bookings made through the website are handled totally (to my knowledge, anyway) by SANParks themselves through their reservations service in Pretoria.

I think that SANParks are keeping an eye on those operators who suggest that they are linked to them. They might not be doing anything wrong for their customers, but the implication of association could prove damaging to SANParks in the long run.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:09 pm 

Krokodile wrote:
Specific bungalows can't actually be booked in advance through SANParks either, although if you specify that this is what you would like, you might get lucky!

We normally ask for the specific number of bungalow, (if we have a particular favourite, like no 40 at Tamboti) and so far we have been very lucky and got exactly what we have asked for. I think SANparks go out of their way to give you what you want, their service is excellent.

I'm sure you are correct about Siyabona, they try to pass off as being connected to SANparks :cry:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:17 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

One of their website addresses is krugerpark.co.za! Try typing in any variation of sanparks, saparks, krugerpark and end it with .co.za or .com and see what happens? It must be doing SANParks heads in. Domain names are available on a first-come, first-served basis, I know, but some things just aren't right! It reminds me of that American company who were trying to trademark the name "Rooibos": just makes me think "How DARE they?!" :evil:

Indignant mode=off

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 809 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next