Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 9 of 10
 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Where would you like to have Cricket 2013 take place?
Poll ended at Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:44 pm
Kruger NP (Skukuza) Poll results disabled
Kgalagadi TP (Twee Rivieren) Poll results disabled
Total votes : 102
 Post subject: Re: Cricket 2013
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:37 pm 
Guru
Guru

@Cheetah2111,

Pity you haven’t tried to find out from the people at the park self about prices and accommodation. But so well said by Rooiduin Klonkie the people who really want to be here will make a plan to attend the event in totally different circumstances but great venue.

It’s not by just giving the other Mites a chance it’s about all joining the cricket tournament and support whichever way it goes. Everybody speak as if there are no young mites from CT and surrounding areas, they will all surprise you, and actually wake the interest of the young cricket lovers. Like you said the "young members keen for cricket at Skuks"....well there are other more than willing and keen cricketers from areas close to KTP and even CT. So I don’t see how it’s going to cost anybody anything, especially interest for if you love the game there is nothing that can stop you from loving the game, I actually think it’s going to be very good for the game, SANParks and the tournament to expose more youngsters to the game we all love so much.

Get a group together and drive up here and join in the fun, you never heard the KTP complain about not being able to get to KNP. We put heads together and made a plan, even if it was that far away.

As G@mespotter mentioned
Quote:
I myself and more of my younger formites friends are trying our UTMOST to get more younger people involved, as that is the way and the future forward. And it will be, our ranks have been strenghtened by several apssionate young people.
so why not get the youngsters from this area involved if it is the way forward??????

@PetraJ

I dont think it was meant that way but rather the impression which was put out there from reading some of the posts, even I got that impression that so many people think we cannot host and BETTER the event.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:45 pm 

PetraJ,
If you look at the general vibe of the discussions it is full of negativity towards KTP, acc, distance ect. Yes it will say they have full confidence that Jan and his team will host a good event but just in the next line it is but the acc is expensive, it is far - Why not focus on what it will mean to have a new venue, new excitement towards the event, new people involved (fresh blood as has been mentioned a few times), exloring a new park, new community benefits... What is not to like about that?

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:48 pm 

Should be space for a north-south derby in there KG, but since I have received threats of grevious bodily harm from the south I will refrain from playing in case of a bouncer or two. :lol:

Makes me think of the civil war in the USofA, North vs South. "Hey, but thooose Readnecks got a likin thar" :twisted:

Rooisandklonkie, who wants to explore a new park? :hmz: But then, if we can convince Jannie............ :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:54 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Rooisand Klonkie and others

I say this with all due respect.

Unfortunately the whole issue goes a little deeper than just the ability of KTP to host this event. There is a MASSIVE history in place here and the it involves more than just moving the event. There is a ton more to sonsider that would make a vote a little more than a preference thing.

There is more involved than just the ability to host. There are people in Skukuza that literraly wait for this event every year. It has now been the premier event at Skukuza for several years running.

Like Cheetah and few of the others have said their are Long time supporters of the event that are involved also the thought of young ones.

I am of the opinion that moving this event is riding someone elses success (Skukuza's) and taking it away from them. It just won't be the same. Like the age old saying of kissing your sister... It just isnt the real thing.

I see no reason why KTP can not host an event like this as well. (Having said that it does take a lot of money to do it) but to simply take it way from Skukuza to ride on the success just seems.... Low. It has taken years to build this event into something spectacular and now thru the preference of 60 odd people to take it away from where it was and what it was just doesnt sit right. I beleive that this goes much further than just a forum vote and the personal preference of 60 odd people.

It is also not good that Skukuza gets evertyhing. I know KTP wants community involvement and that is awesome. It is also difficult for other to travel from CT etc.

That is why I want to VERY strongly suggest to the MODS and to SANPARKS to consider hosting two cricket events.

Taking away what has been built is just not right. It goes further than just the forum and personal preference.

I am very sure you will get people that will attend both and it builds on what we already have. It will allow for more people experience the event and could become another flagship event.

SANPARKS - Even if it is just for interest sake would you consider putting up a vote to see how many people would be in favor of two meets. - No commitment - just as an opinion poll?

I am very sure you will get people that will attend both and it builds on what we already have. It will allow for more people experience the event and could become another flagship event.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 pm 

Scipio,
In this case exploring a new park means exploring KTP - expanding the boundries of those who believe there is only one Nat park...
and Baffers...
There are young ones in the Kalahari, CPT and NOTHERN CAPE also who is very interested in cricket. Besides the whole Skukuza event started with the KTP challenging the forum to a game... it is high time it comes back home. Dont you think that by opening the event up for other parks it will benifit the game, people involved, and the THREE other parks in the KTP vicinity?

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:03 pm 

i think its KTP turn this year ,with all the great things this magical place has to over it should be very nice!!! :dance:

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:16 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Rooisand Klonkie wrote:
Scipio,
In this case exploring a new park means exploring KTP - expanding the boundries of those who believe there is only one Nat park...
and Baffers...
There are young ones in the Kalahari, CPT and NOTHERN CAPE also who is very interested in cricket. Besides the whole Skukuza event started with the KTP challenging the forum to a game... it is high time it comes back home. Dont you think that by opening the event up for other parks it will benifit the game, people involved, and the THREE other parks in the KTP vicinity?

Rooisand Klonkie with all due respect here.

I simply suggested that Sanparks considers having two events.

I never ever said that the game shouldn't be opened to other parks and never ever said the KTP and THREE other parks shouldn't benefit. As for the game benifiting I am not sure about that question?

It was never suggested that it be the sole property of KNP? All I suggested was that their is a LOT more involved than yours or my preference and that it wouldnt be fair to take the game away from skukuza and also not fair to NOT have KTP have either.

Read the post before you simply fire away.

Edited : Spoken in a rage. I have suitably spanked myself for that fault. Certain parts snipped...

Last edited by Baffers on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:18 pm 

Chill please guys!

It's not too late at all. You just don't yet know what you are capable of. Mahatma Gandhi

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:23 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

And this is no competition :wink:

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:27 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Oh my lordy, this is getting hot and heavy!!! Yikes, guys, I would love to go to any of the cricket events but timeframe and travel budget never seems to allow .... however ....... if the cricket does come to KTP (be it as a alternative to KNP or addition to KNP - great idea Baffers :wink: ) I will make a bloomin' plan!!!! Cricket & KTP and the chance to introduce Russ to the gentle game .... what could be better!!! :D As much as I would love to attend the cricket I have never got off my butt to make it happen but a chance to attend and go to KTP is too good to miss :D

Regardless of where it is held I am sure that everyone will have a great time and much needed money will be raised!!!! Hats off to SANParks for hosting this great event and for ensuring that we all have something that we feel so passionate about :wink:

But, sorry KNP guys, KTP got my vote :lol:

Trip Reports:
The stuff of daydreams ... - Kruger
Kalahari Dreamin' - KTP
Just What the Doctor Ordered - West Coast, Augrabies, KTP

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:29 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Kgalagadi Guru wrote:
@Cheetah2111,

Pity you haven’t tried to find out from the people at the park self about prices and accommodation. But so well said by Rooiduin Klonkie the people who really want to be here will make a plan to attend the event in totally different circumstances but great venue.

It’s not by just giving the other Mites a chance it’s about all joining the cricket tournament and support whichever way it goes. Everybody speak as if there are no young mites from CT and surrounding areas, they will all surprise you, and actually wake the interest of the young cricket lovers. Like you said the "young members keen for cricket at Skuks"....well there are other more than willing and keen cricketers from areas close to KTP and even CT. So I don’t see how it’s going to cost anybody anything, especially interest for if you love the game there is nothing that can stop you from loving the game, I actually think it’s going to be very good for the game, SANParks and the tournament to expose more youngsters to the game we all love so much.

Get a group together and drive up here and join in the fun, you never heard the KTP complain about not being able to get to KNP. We put heads together and made a plan, even if it was that far away.

As G@mespotter mentioned
Quote:
I myself and more of my younger formites friends are trying our UTMOST to get more younger people involved, as that is the way and the future forward. And it will be, our ranks have been strenghtened by several apssionate young people.
so why not get the youngsters from this area involved if it is the way forward??????

Well that Being said we chat everyday in the younger peeps area the "varsity Mites" there are a good few of us who chat there everyday, and there no forumites from CT who chat in there everyday, so perhaps that is where the young mites point of view comes from.

Its all well to mention other youngsters in the area but isnt this primarilly a VHR event, with the forum being the VHR's domain, should the benifit of the doubt not go the forumites first.

Bro & Sis Road Trip V2 in September

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:31 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

bert wrote:
And this is no competition :wink:

Hence the fact that I say that if it is at all possible then have two....

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:36 pm 

I do not think we can ask SANParks to fund two events. Did say so earlier :wink:

This is the 2nd most important event on SANParks' calendar. And primarily, the SANParks events department runs it.

Lets rather work on looking at getting the Skukuza players to KTP?

It's not too late at all. You just don't yet know what you are capable of. Mahatma Gandhi

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 pm 

In a bus :whistle:
Driven by Baffers :wink:

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:40 pm 

For goodness sake :doh: ....I don't think anybody is trying to take anything away from Skukuza.
Whatever happened to the word "sharing".
Give KTP a bash at this.....
Bert is right ..it is not a competition. One cannot compare the two parks and I am sure the KTP cricket event is going to be vastly different to the Kruger event....but a wonderful event in it's own right.
Come on guys.....A change is as good as a holiday...variety is the spice of life.....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next