Skip to Content

Operation Recipe book

Discuss and participate in the forum projects and fundraisers

Moderator: Crested Val

wild man

Operation Recipe book

Unread postby wild man » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:14 pm

I have been following Martie on her blog - daily. I have noticed that now and again she has posted her recipes on what she is cooking. This morning (Thurs 16 July 2009) I had an idea, dont know were it came from but anyway not important to work out.

Now please let me know honestly what you think of this idea and if something similar has happened or is happening point me in the right direction.

What if we as Forum members get together and create a cook book with all the various recipes that we, as members cook in the SAN Parks.

We can have a way of submitting them and then grouping them something along the lines of "Breakfast - lunch - dinner - treats". Selling the books at the parks shops and the various book stores. The profits will be used towards projects that we as Forum members think are necessary. Putting the profits back into nature.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Operation Recipe book

Unread postby saraf » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Good idea. DB - one for the Virtual HRs to run with?

There have been a few threads on bush eating to put something already, with Martie's recipes as well. Perhaps Wacktazz can give up the recipe for his buff pasties?
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

Unread postby DinkyBird » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi wild man and saraf,

There has indeed been talk of a forum recipe book, and the VHRs are keen to try and facilitate this as a forum project.

We have had a preliminary discussion re a project such as a recipe book. Out of that has come some factors that will need to be taken into account:

1. that all recipes printed must be originals, because of copyright issues.

2. finding funding for the initial financial layout of printing books at this stage will be difficult, however we did think we could look at hosting them online to start off with and build up from there.

All ideas welcome!

Unread postby carolynn » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:04 am

I would definately be interested in such a book should it materialise. I'm sure there are some great fireside recipes out there among the forumites. :thumbs_up:
Live each day as if it's your last... and one day you'll be right!

Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby PetraJ » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:13 am

What about nice recipes that you make at home and take with (like snacks in the car, etc....) We bake most of our "car snacks" at home about a week or so in advance, and it also just add up to the excitement.

Return to “SANParks VHR Wild Projects”