Skip to Content

Calling ALL Cape Town Forumites AGAIN

Find information and join us for the next forum meeting

Moderator: Crested Val

Caracal
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Re: Calling ALL Cape Town Forumites AGAIN !!!!

Unread postby Caracal » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:29 pm

And this little bird caused a lot of stealing as well.

Actually there were two of these birds and both of them were stolen in quick succession…I just cannot remember the order of things but I do know that Wannabe Nerd ended up with one and Dreamer with the other.

At least Wannabe Nerd and Dreamer were still friends by the end of the evening :thumbs_up:

Dreamer was determined not to let her little bag out of her sight….it was hers and she was going home with it !

Of course some people just sat back and enjoyed all the fun…strange behaviour for a “jackal”. Normally they are the thieves :shock:

What did you threaten The Jackal with Annalie? :naughty: Speaking of Annalie….sorry did you really think you could hang onto that Cherry Mampoer :roll:

I am going to save that for my trip to the KTP.Thank you :dance:

And AjayB looks very happy with his present….

Poor Tony..no matter how hard he tried his presents were just taken one after the other.
He started the ball rolling by taking the pink box…Moose soon stole that from him. Various other presents passed through his hands…

But finally Tony got to open the very last present on the table
Again he battled with the ribbons

But finally he got to take a bottle of Amarula home..nothing wrong with that !!!! :clap:

Moose lost the pink box but she managed to end up with it at the end of the evening. Indeed we had a very happy Moose :D

Unfortunately I did not manage to get photos of everybody and their presents…..but the presents were really super...thanks everybody for the thought and effort that went into the presents.

Oh yes…a quick photo of my kitchen table and it’s yummy contents !!!

Mashona
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Mashona » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:50 am

Dear Tony T

(Too bad about the torch and knife set, stolen from under my nose by that thieving Mashona - he seems to get away with 'murder' each year.)

Seeing that you are missing your knife so much herewith a photograph

1) Blade, to slit wrists
2) Saw......to chop little bits of wood for to bite on when frustrated
3) Philips screw driver ( when you think of cursing )
4) Nail file......well doll
5) BOTTLE opener...
6) Nose picker
7) Scissors
8) Cork screw ( don't go there )
9) Torch.....to see number plates

And so on and so on and so on.......But promise I will print a canvas print if you like, would look good next to the one covering the hole in the wall????

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 am

@ TJ :D :D :D :whistle:

Again it was a pleasure to host this meet...and again I had aching sides after all the laughter.

BUT I have to tell you mites that you are all in my bad books :evil: ..not one of you ( except Moose) signed my visitors book. :roll: But I see through your little plan :hmz: you are hoping that I am going to have a "visitor's book signing meet" :wink: How right you are and next time you are not going to get a plate to dish up the yummy food until you have signed the book !!!!!
:rtm:

But I cannot tell a lie.... I actually did take one photo :wink:

TJ talking his way out of trouble again !!!!!!!! :D :thumbs_up:

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:59 pm

I have just had a call in from p@m. She has met up with Lionspoon and Spots in KTP.
Lionspoon and Spots will be in Cape Town ( Camps Bay ) on the 31st Mar, 1 and 2 April . They would very much like to meet some Cape Town Forumites ...maybe at a restaurant in Camps Bay. I know we have had a meet at Primi Piatti in the past....food was great.
Please can we have a show of hands as to who may be able to make it and which night you would prefer as well as any other suggestions re restaurant.
P@m thought Wednesday the 31st would probably be the better night and they most probably will be able to attend.
I am not certain if I will be able to make it :cry:

p@m
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby p@m » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:55 pm

Final details (at last :) )

Wed 31st March
Primi Piatti Camps Bay 19:30
table booked in the name of "Forum"

Attending (so far)
Lionspoon and Spots
BB
p@m & SO
???

Any forumites in Cape Town are welcome to join us :lol:
Last edited by p@m on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spots

Unread postby Spots » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:08 am

I just would like to thank you guys for a great evening and for your efforts to come to Camps Bay. :D

We really enjoyed the time in Cape Town but also our trip. But more details to come in Lionspoon's TR. :)

Hope to see you again next year. :( that tomorrow is our final day.

All the best

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:39 am

LOUDLY CALLING ALL CAPE TOWN 'MITES !!!!!!

Shoo..that felt good...good way to start one's day with a loud yelling session :dance:

First of all I have to apologise for leaving this to the last minute but I really have been busy with family out from New Zealand.(yes and gallivanting !!!!!) Sadly they have left and I am in serious need of a party to cheer me up !!!!!

So Saturday night the 27th November has been set aside for our annual Forum Bash here at my home.
Most of you know the drill by now.....
Bring chop en dop
salad/puddings/ etc
Present if you wish to play our hilarious party game
Sense of humour.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think 7h00 is a good time to start this get together......I do hope you can all make it and that I haven't left tooooooooo late. :redface:

As per usual I am hoping that we can find some new forumites to join us...... :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:08 am

@ Munchkin..... :cry:
@ Indiajane.... :cry: ...but there is always a next time !!!!

Okay we have
Gavinw and Wannabe Nerd....broccolli salad
Jaybabe and SO......beetroot and butternut salad
Scouter and SO.....potato bake and yes pavlova sounds good as we have no puds yet ???
Wirlwind...chips and dip
Caracal and SO
P@m ??????
Tony T ?????

To pop in....
Bush Baptist,
Wanderw
Dreamer ( she has some silly excuse that she cannot stay long cos she is leaving for KTP the next morning :tongue: ...I mean really what kind of excuse is that :evil: :twisted: :twisted: who cares about her silly little trip to KTP anyway........ :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Have I forgotten anybody.....

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:54 pm

Thx DB. Moose and CC.

Well SO and I have our ammunition ready for tonight's fight..oops.....meant "game" :whistle: !!!!!

:D :D :D

annapangolin
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby annapangolin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Moose is ready to party! :dance:

Pink box... check :thumbs_up:
Silly Season name tag... check :thumbs_up:

Snow...fail.... :(
Hemisphere... fail... :(

Sad moose.

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:36 am

The root of all evil ........hehehehehe !!!!

C'mon 'Mites just look at the size of those pressies....no wonder some of us turned into thieves !!!!!

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Again a few more thank yous before I continue with some pics.
Thank you jaybabe for the yummy relishes....both jars will go down well during our Xmas festivities.
And thanks as well Scouter for the gorgeous bunch of flowers...they do look lovely in my now "tidied up" house.
Thank you BB, Wanderw and Dreamer for making a plan to join us for the latter part of the evening.
Thanks to Wirlwind for taking some :cam: ....

Thank you all again for the yummy contributions...and sorry Gavinw and Wannabe Nerd ...we forgot about the garlic bread !!!!!
And thanks to all for donning your party shoes and coming along to take part in another fun meet !!!!

@ BB
The female of the species.....

C'mon BB admit it...what would you do without the female of the species :tongue: especially the delightful CT
Angels...... :dance:

And some of those pics.....

Chilling around the fire...Wannabe Nerd , Gavinw , Scouter and Dreamer .

The game gets underway..everybody chosing their numbers which determine the order in which they play.

Seeing that I drew #1 I had the honour of chosing first....and in true Angel fashion I chose the biggest :whistle: knowing full well that it was probably going to be stolen. :evil:

What I did not expect was #2 ( Scouter's SO to start yanking it out of my hands before I had hardly opened it....well I told the man to just wait until I had opened it properly..grrrrrr :evil:

I had a peek inside to find a bottle of " liquid essentials " and a ......

Image yes a pink feather.
#2 was really excited now..he was desperate for that feather......so my present was stolen good and solid. Now what on earth has he got planned for that feather .... :big_eyes: :wink:
So I got to chose another.....and yes I chose another big one....

A dinky little fish grid and a tiny potjie that I have every intention of cooking my veggies in

And this one I was able to hang onto because Wannabe Nerd went next ..and yes you can imagine what she grabbed of the table.

That is all for now folks.....I am pretty much tied up for the rest of the afternoon !!!! :D

GavinW
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby GavinW » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:50 am

As always Caracal was highly creative with the gift ideas! :dance: However I'm sure her SO had a big influence on the pressie I managed to steal :D

Musketeers Kgalagadi Chill Pack

First of all remove all evidence of “pink bag” unless of course you are in touch with your feminine side..

1. Take out 1 firelighter and place in the centre of braai.
2. Put firestarter over firelighter.
3. Cover firestarter and firelighter with charcoal
4. Light with Matches
5. While fire gets underway crack an Urbock and admire your fire.
6. When coals are ready place potato wrapped in foil in coals.
7. Place grid over coals and brush off the Kgalagadi sand with wire brush.
8. Pour Lappies basting into mug
9. Place meat on grid (not inside the pink bag but on top shelf in our deep freeze.)
10. Using basting brush baste chop…and remember to turn the potato.
11. Thirsty work…have another Windhoek.
12. When ready savour chop and potato...no salads required.
13. Add wood to coals …sit back and enjoy the Kgalagadi night sounds.
14. Boil water for Duine Koffie….add a tot of Brandy as well as Amarula in place of milk. Add sugar to taste.
15. Sit back and enjoy …and try not to feel too guilty that you stole the “pink bag”

What a great gift!!

Sorry I disposed of the pink bag before I could get a photo taken of it. (something to do with the first instruction above :P )

Wannabe Nerd had already stolen the Pink basting brush :twisted:
Last edited by GavinW on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
See our trip reports:

Christmas Trees in the Kalahari May 2012
Winner of Travel Tale of the year 2012
See here:
http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=62684

Wannabe Larnies in the KTP December/Jan 2015

Dreamer
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Dreamer » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:54 am

Good morning everybody
After a good nights sleep I feel ready to post this message :thumbs_up:

Thanks so much for a load of fun on Saturday evening.
Michele and Doug will NEVER be allowed to back out of hosting this Christmas party...so thanks again :dance:

I have a little story to tell you and hope you don't mind me hijacking Michele's party thread :D

Getting to bed at 10.30 and getting up again at 3.15 am for our trip to KTP was exciting ....at the time.
Little did we know that we would be back sleeping in our on beds that night!! :twisted:

With thanks to Mannies gift to me I managed to keep my sense of humour as well as Jaybabes gift to me... a travel mug to come in very handy :dance: We spent the day here...we all got really sunburnt as well!!

Traveling home we tried our best to make it fun although 3 sitting on 2 single seats did prove to be rather uncomfortable!!

We arrive home at 7.40 pm...quite a long day! Bathed and crashed into bed.

With many thanks to Michele for helping to rescue our holiday. A phone call to Twee Rivieren she managed to get it all sorted and we can 'take 2' and begin our holiday on Wed with no cost loss and the exact same itinerary...how super is that :thumbs_up: Thanks Michele and San Parks :clap:
At home...... dreaming of next trip to KTP

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:54 am

Arghhhh! The little inconveniences of the modernday technology

Yes and yesterday I kept getting logged off so could not post :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

First of all just to let you all know that Dreamer arrived safely in Twee Rivieren yesterday afternoon.... :dance: They are moving off to Mata Mata this morning so will be out of cell range for the next couple of days. Wishing you awesome sightings Dreamer :thumbs_up: :D

And some more photos as promised....

Wannabe Nerd with pink bag !!! Of course it was stolen from her

Image Scouter and Dreamer

Image Gavinw

Image Wirlwind

Image BB and Dreamer

As you can see there was much stealing, scheming and hilarity ...but it became really raucous when Gavin chose the pink box....I did warn him !!!!!

Jaybabe saved him by promptly stealing the pink box otherwise he may have had to go home donned with pink angels and pink necklace :shock:

I cannot really remember who stole what from who...but yes there were an awful lot of thieves in my lounge that night.

The announcement of " The braai is ready " put an amicable end to the War though and soon everybody was munching away.....

Following pics are especially for Moose.....sorry Moose ..people got stuck in before I managed to get
photos.....

Return to “Meets & Greets ”