Find, identify & discuss the insects of SANParks
First unread post • 2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Johan van Rensburg
- Legendary Virtual Ranger
- Award: Birder of the Year (2014)
- Posts: 2619
- Awards: Birder of the Year (2014) & Sighting of the Year - Birds (2013)
- Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:33 pm
- Location: Jam Street
The small orange acraea, Hyalites eponina, can be seen in South Africa north of the Vaal River and east of the Drakensberg as far south as the Eastern Cape (East London). The black blotch at the end of the forewing cell on the upperside is diagnostic. Female colouration and pattern is variable.
Last edited by Johan van Rensburg on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
671 Latest lifer: Black coucal
- Distinguished Virtual Ranger
- Posts: 18217
- Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:41 pm
- Location: Johannesburg - where they cut down trees and name streets after them.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France