lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Re: Letaba advice on bungalows needed

Unread postby lion queen » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi Fozzis,

Here are some photos of BG2U number 17

And here are photos of BG3U number 23

Both use communal kitchens, but the units have a fridge and utensils. So you"ll have to use the hot plates and sinks at the communal kitchens.

Features:

2 single beds
Aircon
Communal Kitchen
Fridge
No Smoking
Perimeter
Utensils
Wc and shower
SANParks Online Fans..........Where passion is pride!

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

tent dweller
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)

Re: Letaba Rest Camp

Unread postby tent dweller » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:50 pm

Letaba, what a wonderful camp to stay in, we were in tent number 4, on the fence, close to the abultions, close to the pool, wonderful, wonderful drives around Letaba, so wonderful that we have made a booking again for December 2014. :gflower: :k I also need to add that my hubby forgot his wallet and cellphone( with a credit card, a petrol card and R1000.00 in cash) on the bed one morning, we left camp at 4.30 and only returned much later, the cleaning lady had changed the bedding and cleaned the tent and when we returned we found the wallet (nothing missing) and the cellphone still on the bed. We tracked her down and gave her a "reward", she couldn't understand why we were making such a big fuss over a wallet and a cellphone.
PRETORIUSKOP 20 - 21 December 2015
TAMBOTI 22 - 24 December 2015
OLIFANTS 25 - 27 December 2015 (with a view)
LETABA 28 - 31 December 2015
MOPANI 01 - 03 January 2016 (with a view)
PRETORIUSKOP 04 -06 January 2016

cheetah2111
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby cheetah2111 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:34 pm

tent dweller wrote:Letaba, what a wonderful camp to stay in, we were in tent number 4, on the fence, close to the abultions, close to the pool, wonderful, wonderful drives around Letaba, so wonderful that we have made a booking again for December 2014. :gflower: :k I also need to add that my hubby forgot his wallet and cellphone( with a credit card, a petrol card and R1000.00 in cash) on the bed one morning, we left camp at 4.30 and only returned much later, the cleaning lady had changed the bedding and cleaned the tent and when we returned we found the wallet (nothing missing) and the cellphone still on the bed. We tracked her down and gave her a "reward", she couldn't understand why we were making such a big fuss over a wallet and a cellphone.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Wonderful!

lemonbalm wrote:Had a really wonderful week long stay at Letaba the week before last (3rd-9th March). As said before, what wonderful staff they have in reception and the shop! The only warning I would like to put out there, is mainly for parents to avoid unhappy kids (and for adults like me who live in slops!) - the lawns appear to be overtaken by paperthorns! - I don't know if this a seasonal occurrence though.

That is true! In Aug I rushed out after a water monitor and was sorely sorry I didn't have shoes on :lol:
Kruger 2014!!!

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Moira, did you have a look at some pics of the CCT2Z tents Here
I am sure someone will advise re the bathroom set up as well.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

granny

Unread postby granny » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:11 am

Moira de Swardt wrote:I have booked for Letaba over Christmas. I am somewhat more disabled than when I was last on the forum and for the first time am booking disabled access accommodation. I am not yet (and hopefully will not be) in a wheelchair, but walking is slow and painful and I need a secure stick to maintain my balance especially on uneven ground and where there is no hand rail.

Can anyone tell me what the 2 person easy access tent is like in terms of getting in and out and proximity to the bathroom? I can see from the camp map that these tents are not tents with a view but that really is secondary to access at this stage.

Moira why don't you change your booking to a 4 sleeper tent. If you book number 8, which is a disabled unit, the bathrooms are right behind the tent. You will also be right on the fence. I stayed in number 7 a few weeks ago and loved it.

RobertT
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby RobertT » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:59 am

tent dweller wrote:Moira, I cannot advise you on a 2 sleeper but I know that tents number 4,5, 6,7,8 (all 4 sleepers) are very close to an ablution block and also on the fence.

8 has a ramp and the rest have steps, depending on yourself which would would be easier. The bathrooms as stated are just behind them where if I recall correctly the 2 bed are a little further from the bathrooms.

lemonbalm
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby lemonbalm » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:10 am

The Ablutions for the CTT2 tents did not appear to be set up for accesabilty - no grab rails anywhere and standard narrow toilet and shower cubicles. Unless the CTT2Z has its own bathroom?
"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." ~ E. B. White

lemonbalm
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby lemonbalm » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:14 am

P.S. Unless there is another ablution block I didn't see 2 weeks ago, number 20 would be furthest from the tents ablution block. You would probably do better then to drive to the camping ablutions which did at least have a toilet with grab rails etc.
"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." ~ E. B. White

GinaMcAdam

Photos Of Safari Tent Numbers 5 & 6 At Letaba - CTT4

Unread postby GinaMcAdam » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Does anyone have photos of Safari Tent numbers 5 & 6 at Letaba and views from the tents?
Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects!

Twee Rivieren - 20th and 21st September, 2015
Kalahari Tented Camp - 22nd and 23rd September, 2015
Nossob - 24th September, 2015
Twee Rivieren 25th September, 2015

DinkyBird

Re: PHOTOS OF SAFARI TENT NUMBERS 5 & 6 AT LETABA - CTT4

Unread postby DinkyBird » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Someone might be able to help you here, but I do know tent 6 - it has a super view onto the fence.
Sawubona
Dalene

tent dweller
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: PHOTOS OF SAFARI TENT NUMBERS 5 & 6 AT LETABA - CTT4

Unread postby tent dweller » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:32 pm

GinaMcAdam, We stayed in tent number 4 in December 2013. right on the fence and so is 5, 6 , 7 and 8. We had hyenas "visiting" every night, tame bushbuck grazing outside our tent every day/night, bird life is amazing in the very early morning and also just as the sun is starting to set. The ablutions/kitchen are a hop, skip and a jump away from the tents. We had such a good experience at Letaba that we are returning for Christmas 2014.

Elsa

Re: Photos Of Safari Tent Numbers 5 & 6 At Letaba - CTT4

Unread postby Elsa » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:08 pm

Gina, altho not pics of #'s 5 or 6 there are some pics of the other tents at Letaba you might like to have a look at Here
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Moira de Swardt

Unread postby Moira de Swardt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks for the advice. I did specify that I was mobility impaired when I booked. The person wouldn't tell me what number unit was assigned. I can use either stairs if there is a hand rail and they are not too steep or a ramp if there is a hand rail. I do battle to walk even short distances though.

I feel mean about taking a four bed unit when I will be alone, especially in peak season.
Addo Elephant National Park 14 -16 July 2014 (well, the morning of the 17th, really)
KNP Sable Hide 21 December 2014
KNP Letaba 22 - 26 December 2014
KNP Lower Sabie 25 April to 3 May 2015

tent dweller
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby tent dweller » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:27 pm

canontraveller, welcome :gflower: , Letaba is really great during December, so great that we will be returning this December again, from the tranquility of sitting in camp (early mornings), to the most awesome view from the restaurant, to the best drives along the river, to the most amazing bird life around camp, to the most honest staff.............. see you there :roll:

Toddelelfe
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Toddelelfe » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:07 pm

Porridge wrote:4 weeks for us (+/-) to Letaba. Bushbuck grazing around us in camp, squirrels hurtling about on there urgent missions, vervet monkeys destroying the peace, ahhhhhhhhhhhh bring it on!!

Letaba also has the Engelhard Dam just across the river which is huge and always guaranteed to produce excellent water orientated sightings (ducks, hippos, crocs, terrapins, you name it). Our best sightings of klipspringers ever were literally JUST outside the hide.

I'm not selling Olifants short as it has the most astonishing view, but I just prefer further north even if it is only by a little bit :)

:thumbs_up:
:hmz: Thinking about the next trip :hmz:
2014 TR from KNP

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”