Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Franchises for Restaurants from 1 December.
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:41 pm 

SANParks PR have been asked to help us out with this. We thought it was a Wimpy at Satara as well.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:19 am 

The couple who OWN the M&B at Satara put the FB message up so I am fairly sure it is correct

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:46 am 

Mmm, I dunno. Something doesn't make sense. :hmz:

From the press release of October last year:
Quote:
It was announced that in the KNP’s, Lower Sabie; Olifants and Letaba camps Mugg and Bean restaurants will be fully operational from March 2014, while the Pretoriuskop and Satara rest camps will have Wimpy restaurants with operations expected to commence also in March 2014.

Then:
Riverrat wrote:
Awesome! There is some serious hammering away in Satara over the last week :D :D

Posted the same day:
solarized wrote:
Hiya, I read on Facebook this morning the below:

'Mugg and Bean On the Move and Debonairs Pizza now open at Satara.'

So they went from announcing that it would be a Wimpy, to "serious hammering", and then, less than a week after said "serious hammering", suddenly the Mug&Bean, and Debonaires (which has never been mentioned by or even in relations to SANParks before) is open?

Don't get me wrong - I'd take Mug&Bean/Debonaires over Wimpy any day, and since we'll be staying in Satara in less than two months, the above should be excellent news for me, I'm just a bit skeptical...

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:35 am 

This was the post from Johann en Ria Lourens on SP Kruger FB:

Hi everyone, just wanted to tell you all, that we opened the Mugg & Bean on the move and Debonairs today in Satara. Hope to see you all when you visit the Park. The Mugg and Bean will be opening in the next week.

I presume they mean the sit down section of the M&B will be opening in the next week.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kruger. ... ment_reply

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:27 pm 

No it appears the sit down section will be M&B as well. The post from FB above is from the people managing it.
The On the Move and Debonairs is open - the eat-in section of M&B will open shortly.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 pm 

Joep Stevens is the General Manager - Tourism Operations. Joep congratulated the managers on the opening by commenting on the post above on the Sanparks - Kruger FB (post I linked above). If the GM of Tourism Operations for Sanparks doesn't know what is going on then who do you believe? :roll: :wall:

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:05 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Just found that Mugg and Bean, Wimpy and Debonairs are all part of the Famous Brands franchise. Interchangeable?

Ast binman bin mam?
Lancashire dialect

Ready for the next Cricket Weekend!

New Year trip 2014-2015 booked.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:21 am 

Carol g wrote:
I wonder why Sanparks haven't answered yet, maybe they are also confused :lol:
I don't think they are Carol. :lol: Perhaps they could have good reason for not going public on certain 'nitty gritty' and we need to respect that.

As mentioned in the previous post, there is a media release here that clearly states the current situation. Hopefully this will assist everyone needing the updated information.

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:51 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Famous Brands (Mugg & Bean, Wimpy, Debonairs, etc) were awarded the tenders for the various restaurants. I assume they have decided that a Mugg & Bean is better for Satara than Wimpy. Maybe they have read the comments (here and on FB) against having Wimpy there.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:00 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
solarized wrote:
Can someone tell a simple Britt what a Boskombuis is? We'll be in Olifants when the work is going on and it says there will be a Boskombuis available? :?

solarized a boskombuis is a bush kitchen an alternative service supplied while the renovations are taking place
As far as I've heard the serve wors rolls with sauce, pies, toasted sandwiches tea coffee and cool drinks, maybe they have more than above, but that's what I understand

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:02 pm 

solarized wrote:
Can someone tell a simple Britt what a Boskombuis is? We'll be in Olifants when the work is going on and it says there will be a Boskombuis available? :?

Direct translation: Bush kitchen.
Basically it will be a facility where you can buy simple meals/snacks/coffee. It will most likely be situated in a temporary facility and have limited cooking facilities (gas burners etc etc)

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:44 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

I wish the decision to change from a Wimpy to Mugg and Bean had been communicated earlier, just for convenience sake...not that it changes anything. I always thought a Wimpy might not be the most suitable for the second biggest camp (with a large amount of overseas tourists that would use the restaurant facilities), but it would have been better than the previous set-up.

I agree with Carol and DB, much better in my opinion. Must say that I am surprised about the Debonairs though...did not expect that at all. I think it is great, at least you know that you can get a nice pizza in the bush...now I wonder if we will see any exotic toppings for the bush pizza? :hmz:

I think somehow the restaurants makes sense for the particular camps...Wimpy at Pretoriuskop feels like it would fit better than Wimpy at Satara. My 2 cents... :)

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:40 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

It sounds like feedback so far about the new franchises has been positive and a step up from the past experience. :clap: Nice job franchise owners, staff, and SANParks for taking steps to improve the dining experiences in the camps. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:02 pm 

We have just attended Mugs and Bean at lower sabie and what a fresh of breathe air! Looks lekker, milkshakes are lekker, can't wait to try the food!! Will keep u posted!! But this, in my view, will leave[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/18/a7arusat.jpg[/img][img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/18/a5epu8u8.jpg[/img][img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/18/aregysed.jpg[/img] a much positive experience with visitors!

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:58 pm 

Hi,

for the first time in my life, I was in Kruger on my birthday. And being in LS we went to M&B for having dinner. In all the times we have been in Kruger, 99,9% we make our onw dinner/braai, but this time I wanted to try the steak at M&B...... It was great!!. My wife had a 'Big Daddy trash truck burger' or something like that :hmz:
and the food has never been so good!!!

Few days later we went again and next time in Kruger we go again I hope. I hope theykeep it this way!.
Next time also Satara :thumbs_up:

Ruud

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next