Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: MESSY KRUGER PARK
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:49 pm 

I believe it is great to be able to VENT YOUR DISGUST AND ANGER but unless somebody (KNP management) actually get up off their BUTS and move out of their ivory towers and attend to the general breakdown of control in the park nothing will happen,yes we are educating people, just remember that our population is 16,000,000,000 and growing.

The only answers you will get is words, more words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sori: :oops: :boulay:

But they will insist on building hotels and opening air strips, which tells me it all bout money :sniper:

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:14 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

So we are all very upset. I get quite upset when I see it anyway. And we want someone to do something about it. Is there anything that we can do about, directly or indirectly?

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:24 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
FAC Member (2012)
In 2009 I stopped and after a good look around, I got out of the car to pick up a discarded energy drink bottle south of Afsaal.

My timing was perfect. I handed the bottle through the window to my wheelchair-bound father, and got around to the driver's side as a police car emerged around the corner...........

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:27 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
The problem is not restricted to Kruger only. When last have you walked through the CBD of a city. It is simply disgusting. Where did this all start? Is it a lack of good manners, a lack in education from parents or perhaps a lack of national pride? Or are the people just too bloomin lazy to walk the extra yard to throw the trash in a bin? Or is it a way of job creation because someone must eventually pick it up and he must be paid for the job.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:29 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Bush Baptist wrote:
In 2009 I stopped and after a good look around, I got out of the car to pick up a discarded energy drink bottle south of Afsaal.

My timing was perfect. I handed the bottle through the window to my wheelchair-bound father, and got around to the driver's side as a police car emerged around the corner...........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No good deed left unpunished, BB ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is the bush calling loudly? Read about the Bush Camps presented by the HR's

July/August 2014
27-30 Tamboti (Number 40!!!)
30-1 Letaba
1-4 Shingwedzi
4-6 Mopani

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:36 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Rooies wrote:
The problem is not restricted to Kruger only. When last have you walked through the CBD of a city. It is simply disgusting. Where did this all start? Is it a lack of good manners, a lack in education from parents or perhaps a lack of national pride? Or are the people just too bloomin lazy to walk the extra yard to throw the trash in a bin? Or is it a way of job creation because someone must eventually pick it up and he must be paid for the job.

I'm with you. At a work function not a month ago one of the staff member told me he will not pick up his rubbish because the staff needs to clean the premises and "needs the pay"

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:50 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2012)
Porridge wrote:
Bush Baptist wrote:

No good deed left unpunished, BB ...

Fortunately this one was unpunished.....just. My aggressive behaviour towards the absent perpetrator convinced Sgt Khumalo of my intentions after promising not to do it again.

But here is an anomoly. We go there to experience nature, not gits' trash. It is 'illegal' to pick it up so that others' trips are not spoilt. That makes it more inperative that people are warned at the gate, and if caught, fined heavily.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:57 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
My children are obsesive about glass bottles laying in the veld. :slap:

They where taught at school that it causes fires and will not let me pass a glass bottle.

Where I can I pull up close that I can just open the door and pick it up without leaving the car but sorry officials I have left my vechile to collect glass bottle next to the road, feel free to fine me but next veld fire is on you.....

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:59 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Rooies wrote:

I also agree. Nothing to do with free visitors or not, it is a problem with our society. And I believe all the above are reasons. No education, no respect, no good manners, laziness, and the belief that it is somebody else's job. When we were in Shingwedzi a year ago, they had local schools with very young children coming to the day visitors area on almost a daily basis. It seemed to be a sponsored event, the kids all wore the same sponsored T-shirts and came in a big bus. We saw how they all walked around, throwing their juice boxes on the ground when they were done. I looked towards their teachers as they were sitting there, eating their chicken for lunch and then throwing the bones on the ground. What an example! :wall: I felt like walking up to them and giving them a huge lecture! :rtm:

I know we need to get more of our local population involved in, and enjoying our parks. I'm all for it. But then we have to start educating them. We need to educate South Africans to "zip it in the zibby can" - as we were taught as youngsters.

26-29 June - Shingwedzi

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:08 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I dont go to the rugby matches anymore. But a few years ago, I took my old Dad to a test match at Loftus Versveld. He was already pretty sick then, so after the match we hung about and slowly went off to the exit. And next thing, in storm a whole lot of people in overalls to pick up the mess the people had left there. See, it's quite a sweat to tote your trash to the bins along the aisle stairs. Just toss it down around where you are seated. Or as you walk along. Ja, the local populace at rugby test matches.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:14 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Good subject ... But not just done in park .. Once some ' dude' with a fancy sun roof
parked opposite our house, got out and duly tossed his coffee cup on the pavement :naughty:
My son was so annoyed with it that he went over picked up the discarded cup and threw it back
in the sun roof, only to find out ( to his delight I may add) that it was still 1/4 full .. So me thinks
someone may have had wet pants when he got back in :clap:

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:07 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Since our neighbourhood became "integrated", the litter in the streets is appalling. My worst is the liquor bottles which get thrown on to the road to break.

When I was in primary school way back in the 60s, there was a big anti-litter campaign and from then on, we never ever threw anything out of a car window again! I think it needs to be drummed into the young kids at school so that hopefully they will take the message home to their parents and they will also grow up being more responsible citizens.

I have taught my staff that you don't chuck rubbish on the floor in your home, so why do it in the street which is also part of the environment in which you live.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:30 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Your last sentence is excellent, Stampajane!!! Good luck with the rest of it though ....

Is the bush calling loudly? Read about the Bush Camps presented by the HR's

July/August 2014
27-30 Tamboti (Number 40!!!)
30-1 Letaba
1-4 Shingwedzi
4-6 Mopani

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:43 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
The problem with most people today is there is no ACCOUNTABILITY. I do not litter, I do not waste food, water, electricity, time, paper, money and many more. When most people throw litter out the car windows and you stop them and ask them why they did that their answer would most probably be "I am creating jobs".

Tamboti 30 December 2014
Berg en Dal 31 December 204 - 03 January 2015

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:56 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Thanks Porridge, just wish I could get through to the neighbours. Sadly they raise the race card if there are any issues arising in the area. We have a stream along one of our boundaries and it has also become a convenient place to toss take-away detritus and empty booze bottles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next