Skip to Content

Special needs kids and KNP

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
minettest

Special needs kids and KNP

Unread postby minettest » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:03 am

Our son has hi functioning autism. We went to the park out off season last year and he absolutely loved it the animals the camping the day trips driving out. My question we want to visit again next year but will be in July school holiday and know the park is busy. What would be the best small camps like maroela and crocidile bridge for camping and maybe hut for lower sabie? It's not that he does not function with people, people does not function with him :wink:
:dance:
29/06/16 - tamboti
30/06/16 - tamboti
1/07/16 - berg en dal
2/07/16 - berg en dal
3/07/16 - lower sabie
4/07/16 - lower sabie
5/07/16 - crocodile bridge
6/07/16 - crocodile bridge

CAN ABSOLUTELY NOT WAIT!!! :lol:

Lepardfan
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Special needs kids and KNP

Unread postby Lepardfan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:44 am

Hi minnetest.

First of all do you already have accommodation booked in Kruger for July. It is silly season so it will be very busy. :)

In my years visiting, I have always noticed children being more accommodating than adults, so in my point of view your child will be just fine. :mrgreen:

Please know that is just my opinion based on my own children, seeing that they are brought up by treating every one as equals. :dance:
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~George Washington Carver

One day closer to my next visit

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Hugh » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:39 pm

Honestly I would book where I wanted to book Forget about any strange stares from others .. its their problem not yours And as your son so enjoys the Park go for it and enjoy. I might be in the Park too end July /august next year so might even see you . It will be my Grandies first visit to the Kruger. and we don't call him Tornado for nothing
God couldn't be everywhere so he made Grandmas

minettest

Unread postby minettest » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Thanks I'm waiting for the first off July to book ASAP for next year. I think we will go for smaller camps and stay at one or 2 spots longer at a time and then drive out to the bigger camps maybe for lunch or picnic. Last year we stopped at Lake something where the bird watch. As soon as we went in we went out again he's just to busy and walk extra load on the wooded planks. But we love him to death
:dance:
29/06/16 - tamboti
30/06/16 - tamboti
1/07/16 - berg en dal
2/07/16 - berg en dal
3/07/16 - lower sabie
4/07/16 - lower sabie
5/07/16 - crocodile bridge
6/07/16 - crocodile bridge

CAN ABSOLUTELY NOT WAIT!!! :lol:

hilda
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2014)

Unread postby hilda » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:12 pm

I think you will have to book on 3 August 2015 (first working day of the month) for July 2016 (11 months before the time) minettest. :thumbs_up:

I think your son will enjoy the Park any time of the year, no matter how busy the camps are! Enjoy your trip and tell us all about it in a trip report (under Travel Tales) once you are back home again! :dance: :dance:
VHR Fundraiser: Potjiekos Competition: Far Schools Project
20 - 22 October 2015 - Satara
23 - 26 October 2015 - Biyamiti
27 - 29 October 2015 - Talamati
Return back home on 30 October 2015.

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”