Welcome to the Forum.
If only more people were as conscientious as you by planning ahead wanting to know the rules before visiting.
See below a link to some general rules for visiting:http://www.sanparks.org/assets/docs/tou ... ations.pdf
General Items to note:
1) No stretching out of the car or getting out of the car unless within designated area. If there isn't a sign saying it is OK to get out that it's not. Probably the main reason for posts to the Gallery of Shame.
2) Travel no faster than 50kph on tar roads and 40kph on dirt roads
3) Respect the animals and don't get too close, extra distance away from elephants (you might have heard or read about how visitors got to close to bull elephants in the past year). Not a pretty outcome; People in hospital and Sanparks put the animal down.
4) Alcohol consumption only permitted in camp. Only overnight visitors may bring any beers etc in to the park.
5) Normal road rules apply, you might see the traffic officer or the occasional.
6) Buy a Yellow Ribbon, affix it to the driver side Wing Mirror - You'll hopefully spot other cars with the same, which indicates that they are also Forum members.
Common sense should also prevail: If you are unfortunate enough to encounter a flat tyre, then provided it is safe and you wish to, change the flat our with your spare. I once had to help and somebody do this whilst his wife and mine merrily sat and read books in the car. Whilst we both thought our other halves were on the look out. Apply caution.
Most of all I hope that you have a magical time in Kruger Park. Take as many pictures & videos as your equipment allows and please write a trip report of your experience.