Skip to Content

Re: Bookings - info - advice & Feedback

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park

How many can you book at one time?

Unread postby matnikstym » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:24 am

There will be three or four sets of people traveling together but in separate cars and want separate huts/tents in several camps in Kruger. Can 1 person make res for 3 spots at each camp or does each party need to make their own? Thanks in advance.

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Re: How many can you book at one time?

Unread postby lion queen » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:27 am

Hi Matnikstym,

I've booked more than one accommodation on one reservation number in the same camp in the past.

Enjoy your trip.......... :thumbs_up:
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Hugh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:18 am

Deffinitely possible Just make copies of the booking form and each group has one in case you dont arrive at the same time at an entrance gate or camp .. not fun having to wait about for your friends to arrive
"Grandmothers are antique little girls"

Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby cheetahlady » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Matnikstym, we usually book under one reservation number for our group.

Some lessons I have learnt....

1. Specify type of accommodation you want and number of people per hut - look online for the codes and equipment provided in the various accom types.
2. If you are paying separately, you can do this but make sure that the other guests quote the reservation number and note on the form that the credit card name is different from the booking info. Also pay at least 10 days before due date as we have had issues relating to this before. If your booking is not paid on time it is automatically cancelled. We usually pay the deposit in full ourselves and then have a smaller balance to pay than our friends. I always call reservations two days before due date to make sure that the payments have been processed properly.
3. The camps usually try to keep a group together. At most, we have been one or two huts in between. You can request specific huts from the camps by emailing the camps. We do this about 8 weeks out.

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better
Albert Einstein

KNP June 2015
Mopani, Balule, Tamboti, Satara, Skukuza, Croc Bridge

Re: Online booking: query - where should it go?

Unread postby DinkyBird » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi Pete

Just keep in mind, to make use of the pensioners discount, you have to phone book, or book via email, online booking does not give pensioner discounts, but a 5% discount on some (if not all?) bookings. (For future when you are booking all those many lovely trips :D )

The Chill Room is the forum to browse through for Online Booking type of topics - see here. Near the top is a link to a tut. And a little further down is a topic Online Questions, Advice, Problems. Please ask any questions you have, we will try assist or ask the tech guys to help where we cannot.

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Daily conservation fee

Unread postby Philip1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Dani L wrote:Hello
Does one pay the conservation fee per day or per 24 hours?
If we get in the park at 10.00 am on day 1, at what time do we have to leave the park on day 3?
Many thanks

Hi Dani L, Sanparks say the following......

"General Information on Tariffs

Note: All Prices VAT inclusive and all tariffs in South African Rand - Tariffs subject to alteration without advance notice.
Daily Conservation Fee

Valid from 1 November 2013 to 31 October 2014

South African Citizens and Residents (with ID):

R62 per person, per day
R27 per child , per day"

Hope this is what you are looking for.
"Lose yourself in Nature and find Peace!" (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
do not let poachers take it away!

Extinction is forever and survival is up to---every last one of us!

Obtaining Refund of Credit

Unread postby ctm7943 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:04 pm

I had issues with the SANParks website when attempting to cancel 1 of my 2 nights at SKU & change to a tent at LS.
So, I made a new reservation at LS, to ensure i booked the desired tent that had just became available.
I called SANParks and they cancelled the 1 night at SKU and added the LS tent to my original reservation#.

This took a bit of time as i could barely understand the customer service agent. I then asked about getting a refund for the 1 night at SKU, which had been cancelled. He said the instructions would be included in the email along with my new confirmation letter.
However, the email only stated that I need to provide my "banking details" to get a refund of the amount that has been credited to my account.

Since I used a credit card, I am assumming that my name, credit card number and expiration date will be sufficient?
I would prefer not to send more information than is necessary, but also meet their requirements.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Re: Obtaining Refund of Credit

Unread postby Elsa » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:43 pm

I should imagine your credit card details would be ok for the refund to be paid into.
What I did once was leave the credit in my a/c and used it up for a future visit.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Unread postby Frizzle » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:58 pm

All you need to do is to send an e-mail to mentioning your reservation number and client code and request crediting of the amount on hold to your credit card. I already did it several times over the years and it works well. Sanparks does payments twice a month I believe, so you might have to wait a couple of weeks in order to see it on you credit card slip. Hope this help,
April 2015: Garden route, Addo and Karoo

Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Hippotragus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:19 pm

I agree with Elsa - make another booking and use the credit. I have done that in the past - I usually miss KNP so much when I get home from a trip, that I immediately make another reservation!

If you can't/don't want to do that - then the way Frizzle mentions in his comment should work.
Paul Kruger Gate (day visitor) 24-28 August 2015
Skukuza 14-18 October 2015
Satara 18-21 October 2015

Unread postby fee » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:39 pm

I had to get a refund recently and needed to send a copy of my bank statement, a copy of my ID and I sent it together with all the details - reservation number, etc.
I got a response within a day or two, and a credit into my account within 10 days.

Unread postby ctm7943 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Today, I received an email from a second (different) SANParks person saying that my request for refund to my credit card will be processed with the next batch and that SANParks processes transaction twice a month (middle & end of month).

I am now concerned about having sent my bank info to Is this legitimate?

Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby SANParks » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:03 am

Dear ctm7943,

Yes, is actually the correct email as it is assigned to our colleagues at Finance who deal with reservation refunds. So all good. :thumbs_up:

Let us know if you need further assistance.
Nedret Saidova
Senior Manager: E-Business, SANParks

Unread postby ctm7943 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:51 am

I finally received a resolution to this issue.
The finance Dept, had incorrectly assumed that I was a SA National and requested my banking info in order to process my refund.
However, I live in the U. S., so now the credit is being processed to my credit card, which is the proper process for non-nationals.

Thanks to Dinky Bird & Nedret (SANParks) for their assistance in helping me to sort out this matter.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Change/Upgrade booking (how to?)

Unread postby stevenjm » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:41 pm

squirrel_asc wrote:There should be a button next to your accommodation type, allowing you to change it.

I don't know if it still exists/works, though. There was a bug last time I tried it, and even though I kept begging and pleading with them to fix it, by the time we actually went to Kruger, I had not received any feedback indicating that it was fixed... Now I don't have a booking anymore, so I can't check. :|

Yup, it was sorted squirrel ... but that that is an accommodation type.

What Daruda is asking is to change the camp.

Daruda, you are able to add the new type to your reservation and then cancelling your old accommodation. If you require further assistance, please drop me a mail: and i will arrange the change for you.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Return to “Kruger National Park”