Skip to Content

3 days in Kruger

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
NIRU

3 days in Kruger

Unread postby NIRU » Wed May 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi
We are 5 friends from India. We are planning to drive down from Johannesburg to Kruger staying for 3 days from 8th September to 11th September. Please help us decide on where to stay and an itinerary for the 3 days. Should we spend all 3 days at the same location or book cottages at 2 different places? If yes please recommend the places. Thanks

DinkyBird

Re: 3 days in Kruger

Unread postby DinkyBird » Wed May 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Welcome to the forums NIRU!

I always recommend first timers to stay at Lower Sabie and Satara. I'd do two nights at Lower Sabie and then one, or try make it two, at Satara. BUT - I had a quick look at availability for that period, and already Lower Sabie is fully booked for two nights.

So - maybe look at Skukuza for a night and Satara for two nights. But your trip is going to depend on what you can get as September is a very popular time in the park.

Check Availability here
Sawubona
Dalene

Leanawel
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Leanawel » Wed May 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Welcome NIRU -

I agree with DinkyBird and try and make it 4 nights :)

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby Meandering Mouse » Thu May 28, 2015 5:28 am

Niru, a very warm welcome to you. :gflower:

You have been given excellent advice. If you cannot get in Satara, Olifants for a night is spectacular. It has the most beautiful views.

I just wish you a wonderful stay and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

George_Brits

Unread postby George_Brits » Thu May 28, 2015 11:14 am

Namaste Niru,

Welcome to the Sanparks forum! I agree with the above choices, all the restcamps have got lovely accommodation, well stocked Parks Shops where you can purchase drink/food stuffs as well as restaurants (Mugg and Bean at Lower Sabie, Letaba, Satara and Olifants rest camps) Satara also do have a Debonair's pizza take away shop and a Mugg and Bean restaurant.

An alternative would be to fly directly from O.R. Tambo airport to Skukuza with SA Airlink.

Please don't hesitate to post your questions here if you want more information!
"all things wild and wonderful all creatures great and small"

NIRU

Unread postby NIRU » Fri May 29, 2015 7:27 am

Thanks all for the warm welcome and your suggestions. As accommodation goes we would prefer private baths, so what options do you think are there? Are bunglows the only option?
I thought we were planning fairly in advance and accommodation wouldn't be too much of a problem. Looks like I'm mistaken!!!

DinkyBird

Unread postby DinkyBird » Fri May 29, 2015 9:07 am

Some of the tents at Tamboti and Lower Sabie have bathrooms too - with showers only though. Otherwise, bungalows will be the way to go for you.
Sawubona
Dalene

NIRU

Unread postby NIRU » Fri May 29, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi all! I found a hut with 5 beds available at Lower Sabie. It has communal bath and kitchen but have booked it since this Camp comes so highly recommended!
For the next two nights where should we book? Look forward to hearing from you on this --Should it be Satara or Skukuza? Distance wise these seem to be decent options but we rely totally on your wisdom.
Also I want to mention that from Kruger we plan to go to Port Elizabeth/Capetown. Which would be the nearest airport? I have to book those tickets as well.
Thanks a ton for all your help.

Return to “Kruger National Park”