Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: To Enter or Not to Enter-The No Entry Road Quandry!
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:44 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

As the signs says: No Entry. No need to make up reasons why this should be obeyed.

saraf wrote:
Some lead to the section ranger's house and apart from privacy issues, access is required 24 hours a day so they can get to emergencies. Most of the roads are single track so imagine having to negotiate a parked vehicle when you need to get somewhere quickly, say to a report of a fire or poaching incident.
Access roads to the section ranger posts are signposted, and I don't see how you could block such a road in the extremely unlikely event of an emergency, unless you are driving a coal mine dump truck.

Stephens.L wrote:
Most of this roads are fragile and require to be rehabilitated everytime a vehicle drives on them.
Most of these roads require no such thing, any road that needs to be rehabilitated after the passage of a single vehicle cannot be called a road. Indeed, a lot of these roads are fine, and can be negotiated for their entire length in an ordinary vehicle. I know, I've driven some long ones in a 4x2 (with permission) and others in a game viewing vehicle. But sure, you also get "roads" that are two-tracks at best.

No Entry = authorized vehicles only.

Johan