Skip to Content

Why I hate Kruger

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
carolynn

Re: Why i hate kruger

Unread postby carolynn » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:58 am

wacktazz, you will put the dentists out of business with that remedy - I know some people who have toothache every Friday and Sat nights............. :D
Undertand your frustration with the speedsters - it is a topic that has no end in sight, unfortunately :evil:
Please keep us entertained, at least until you leave the park, and then maybe you can start the thread 'what it's like NOT living in Kruger" :(
Live each day as if it's your last... and one day you'll be right!

Mfezi
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Mfezi » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:51 am

I am so furious :evil: :evil: after having read wacktazz's first entry that I am to scared to say anything. Because I think I will be suspended for life from this Forum :lol:

wacktazz
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby wacktazz » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Mfezi wrote:I am so furious :evil: :evil: after having read wacktazz's first entry that I am to scared to say anything. Because I think I will be suspended for life from this Forum :lol:

AHHHHHH, please say something. My SO is grinding me already because of the IDIOT of the month reply. Apparently I was too outspoken. Anyway, came back from Hazyview this afternoon, and saw hippos outside the dam at Phabeni, a white rhino, rumours about a leopard at the watergat turnoff, and then a genuine sighting of 2 youngsters hunting with their mother. They are probably 1 and a halve years old. Beautiful specimens.

And in the morning while most of you are still sleeping, I am off to work again.

I had my tooth taken care of this past Friday.
It was quite strange to feel and hear how it sounds like to pull out a teeth. I will spare you the detail, but it was quite an eye, or shall I say a mouth opener....
Last edited by wacktazz on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be a person. You must just be a nice person!
www.facebook.com/wacktazz

MATTHYS

Unread postby MATTHYS » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:22 pm

SO grinding and dentist pulling ....quite a weekend you had, WT !

and then a genuine sighting of 23 youngsters hunting with their mother. They are probably 1 and a halve years old. Beautiful specimens.

WOW !! :dance: 8)
aquila non capit muscas

carolynn

Unread postby carolynn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Wacktazz, what's news?
Live each day as if it's your last... and one day you'll be right!

Imax
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Imax » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Wacktazz, Its good to read your humour again, you had me in stitches reading through all of this.

My heart is with you buddy, i know how hard its going to be to finally leave.

wildflowergirl
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby wildflowergirl » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:33 pm

before i start, i need to apologise as i know this is a very sensitive subject, but which of the forumites got wacktazz's terrible job of baking buff pasties in that terrible Kruger? if it is not taken - i would LOVE to - but if we're all still in the queue for the interview i would stand in line........
You might get me out of the bush, but you won't get the bush out of me, it's deep in my heart

Delene D
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Delene D » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:43 pm

WT. I have just caught up with this story. I feel for you having to leave Kruger. I certainly hope you will keep in touch and let us know when you give up that retail job you are going to and come back to that awful place you have been living in for 7 years. SO will soon get tired of shopping, especially since I believe she grew up in Kruger. So I predict you and SO will be back one day. I certainly hope so - as I so enjoy your humour.In the meantime I wish you a happy life. If all else fails and you cannot come back to KNP you could always open a buff pastie shop near one of the gates so we can all buy frozen pies on our way in or out. God bless you and your family. Regards Delene.

Hitman

Unread postby Hitman » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:40 am

Tazzzzzz !!!!!!

Now its the KRUGERS fault if your chickens wake you ???? That chickens is only good enough for the "pot". I rather been held up by wild dogs in the KRUGER as per taxi in the city. :huh:

There is nothing in the world that is the same as to wake up in the morning with the hot bushveld sun. :whistle:

:pray: Thank GOD for every moment there tazzy !!

Grantmissy
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Grantmissy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:10 am

:D Kruger keeps on calling me back to find myself amongst the silence of the bush
Everything in moderation, including moderation – Oscar Wilde

Delene D
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Delene D » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi again WT. Please update us. Have you left KNP yet or are you still enduring and suffering?

wacktazz
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby wacktazz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:29 am

Delene D wrote:Hi again WT. Please update us. Have you left KNP yet or are you still enduring and suffering?

Hi Delene
I still stay in Kruger. My wife and I bought a restaurant just outside Hazyview. She still works in the park, so therefore we have "free" accomodation.
Naturally I see the wife and kids only for a brief moment everyday at this point, but it will change
It's nice to be a person. You must just be a nice person!
www.facebook.com/wacktazz

Delene D
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Delene D » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi WT. So glad you are set up with a restaurant. You still making Buff pies?? When we are next in KNP (in about 2 years hopefully) we will come and see you in your restaurant and catch up. Good luck with your business. Hope it all goes well.
So you are still enduring the horrible life in Kruger, travelling those terrible long roads to work and back, with all that wild life around making you stop from time to time, and those birds waking you in the early mornings. :mrgreen:

Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread postby Crested Val » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Must be an awful life. :whistle: :whistle:
Thinking of Africa every day.

Pjw
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Pjw » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:58 pm

HeY WT whats your restaurant called We will be in the area next month and could pay you a visit !
"In the end we conserve only that which we love, we love only that which we understand, we understand only that which we are taught"
(Baba Dioum, Senegalese Ecologist)

Return to “Kruger National Park”