[ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Ghosts of the Kruger National Park
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:52 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Bush Baptist wrote:
The ghost stories get better the more brown liquid is consumed.... :roll:

Not only the ghost stories BB! :shock:

Years ago, when I was still rough and ready, I did a 2 month military camp up North.
That was during the time of Haley's comet.
One evening we watched the comet for hours while enjoying way too much liquid refreshments.
The next morning it became clear that we were not watching the comet but the red light on one of the radio towers! :slap: :slap: :roll:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:29 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
There might always a possibility :hmz: taking Kruger’s rich and diverse history into account from pioneers (the Voortrekkers) in wagons to crooks in the far north. I have never experienced anything out of the ordinary in Kruger in terms of the unknown but I still think that the entrance to Pretoriuskop Camp is a bit eerie :| . I guess some of us are fascinated by Kruger ghost stories around the evening fire especially if the story teller is good :).

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:05 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Well I had a real ghost experience when I was 14 years old, it was the most spine chilling experience ever and luckily I knew I wasn't crazy cos it appeared to my mother and brother as well and honestly from that day on I never ever doubted the presence of them ever again.
If you'd like to know PM me as it didn't happen in Sanparks I don't want to post it here but PM me and I'll happily tell you.
Anyhow December 2011 we were staying in Berg n dal, now when it comes to that camp I've always had that sense that their is something watching me but I stopped allowing it to affect me for a long time and moved, anyhow I'm an adventurous lady and I love exploring every nook and cranny of a camp.
Well now on this day I was walking towards the camp gate and just before the gate I discovered a walking trail, it was a little overgrown and you could barely make out the road but I pushed forward nonetheless.
I got to a branch that was overlapping the trail I pushed the branch to pass but it was almost as if someone was holding it from the other side pushing it back towards me.
It was a thin twig and no twig is that hard to move, anyhow I pushed harder and got through, my youngest daughter then asked me 'who is that man mommy?'
I asked what man and looked and she said 'der mommy by the road' I looked again and saw nothing again. The next minute a mongoose came charging past us, I took one look at that poor guy and headed after him, grabbed my daughter and hightailed it out of there.
When I got to the road my daughter told me that the man didn't want us there and he told her we must go quickly as there's danger!
Well the fact of the matter is having seen the fear that the little mongoose had just proved my daughters statement and that ghost was protecting us from whatever was waiting in those bushes for us that's for sure.

Home is where the Heart is and my Heart lies in the Kruger ...FACT!

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:32 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Ifubesi wrote:
If there is one place in Kruger that has a spooky atmosphere, it is the Stevenson-Hamilton look-out point where his ashes were scattered. A few years ago I got there late one afternoon in mid-winter. It was a short while before gate closing time and the sun was sitting low and the bush totally silent. The atmosphere I got there that afternoon made me look over my shoulder a few times...

Don't know if it was old James wandering around there or perhaps a leopard eyeing me from behind one of those large boulders :shock: .

The memorial.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a place of great power.

Another is Napi Boulders.

This was taken on New Years eve before returning to Pretorius Kop. I then had the strangest experience told in my travel tale, "Gogo and the Gremlins".

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:29 am 

Glad im not the only one that feels the pretorius kop area is eerie ! :think:

When we did the 4x4 routes and old voortrekker i had this feeling or type of day dream of how it felt for the old pioneers traveling in the bush at such a slow pace, i could see everything clearly around me as if i was really there !

110 visits to sanparks / kzn wildlife

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:32 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Now thats eerie supertrooper I dont think Id want to go back in time like that ..... Creepy

Home is where the Heart is and my Heart lies in the Kruger ...FACT!

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:13 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
One of the places in Kruger that I found that I am being watched is Bobbejaanskrans :hmz: . I almost get a feeling there that I am being eyed as A-Take Away-on-The-Go there. There is a sign says “Alight at own Risk” therefore we prefer to stay close to the car there at Bobbejaankrans. In any case whatever the (unexplained) case of being watched may be we always have great lion sightings in that vicinity :thumbs_up: .

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:09 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
I went for a walk inside the perimeter fence at Tamboti in September last year, and I have to admit to feeling uncomfortably exposed at certain points especially near the hide. That feeling of being watched was really strong there.

Something else that's scary is watching parliamentary television. The mass catatonia that prevails makes me feel confident that they're all channeling the spirit of the late Colonel Saunders ...

Is the bush calling loudly? Read about the Bush Camps presented by the HR's

Travel Tales - Jaxi's and Porridge's 4th adventure

Unread postPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:37 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
I thought that you might enjoy this interesting article.

http://www.vanhunks.com/lowveld1/kruger1.html

Unread postPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:09 pm 

In November 2012 we were staying at Tamboti, one morning whilst drinking our first cup of coffee on the deck my wife told me she had a strange dream during the night. She dreamed that she was near a hut with a fence around it and there was very brights pulling and begging her to come into the hut and she was to scared to enter, i was not paying to much attention to her story. We then left for our early morning drive and i took the the s106, my wife did not know that the Rabelais hut was on this road and we have never been on this road together.
As we came close to the hut she said this is the hut in her dream but ther is no bright light, i said she should go and have alook inside, at first she was scared and i told her there is nothing to be scared about then got out the car and went to have a look. I stayed in the car.
On opening the door she felt an eerie atmosphere inside with the old photos of people staring at her. She also felt she was intruding into their priate space. She wanted to read the paper clippings on the walls but felt the pressure was to great and needed to get out. This lived and disturbed her mind for weeks wanting to know more the Rabelais hut.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:42 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Gosh, Bushbuck, that is scary. I must say that Rabelais does have a strange atmosphere. Almost as if the pictures are watching you.

I go there frequently just to pay tribute to the Orpens, but it is a spooky place.