Skip to Content

Honeymoon in Kruger Park?

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Re: Honeymoon

Unread postby DuQues » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:00 am

Scipio wrote:But seriously, try Shipandane at least one night, it is awesome. :thumbs_up:

But you are not able to see the availability online, for that you will have to call.
Sleeping in a hide is a very good idea. Shipandane will however move you more northerly.

And then a place like Sirheni really pops to the fore.... As does Punda tents.
Not posting much here anymore, but the photo's you can follow here There is plenty there.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Foxy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Would suggest 2 nights at Tamboti in a luxury tent, just for the experience, so different to the camps and bush camps.

Remember you don't want to be unpacking and packing up daily, so maybe choose 3 camps at maximum. November is also a hot month, so would be nice to get back to camp for a bit over the hottest period of the day and have a swimming pool to cool down in.

Unread postby saraf » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:16 am

Yes you can book Shipandani hide near Mopani and Sable hide near Phalaborwa gate. Only one night allowed and you need to contact Reservations to book them, they cannot be booked using the on-line booking system.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

Honeymoon In The Kruger

Unread postby rufie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Hallo There Forumites!!

I will be getting married on the 9th of March and would like to have my Honeymoon in the Kruger Park.

I would like your help on deciding what to do and where to stay but because of all the expenses I am a little (a lot) stressed.

I where in the park in December and we camped at Shingwedzi for 5 nights, then stayed 1 night in an Safari tent and then 1 night in Satara in an bungalow ,but the bungalow is expensive and because this is a Honeymoon I will not like to stay in an tent.

I would please like advice?

Bush Baptist
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Honeymoon In The Kruger

Unread postby Bush Baptist » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:29 pm

Otherwise the huts/bungalows for 3 at Letaba would be your best bet. THey are situated along the river frontage near the restaurant. You would have to use the communal ablutions, though, but this type of unit is usually half the cost of units with their own ablutions.
There are similar units in Pkop, LS & Shing.
Whatever (according to BB): "You are correct but I don't want to admit it".

Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby RobertT » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:28 pm

topgunhorse wrote:
RobertT wrote:Phew, this is a bad news year coming up, floods, 2 weddings, how ,much more tragedy can the guys take. :whistle: :whistle:

A bit extreme I know, but how else could I persuade her to let me come back to the place of my dreams! :dance:

Take my hat off to you, thats dedication and sacrifice what you are doing just to get to Kruger. It takes years to recover and some never do. :lol: :lol:

Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby peterpiper » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:22 pm

Consider the luxury tents at Tamboti. They aren't very expensive and have double beds. Awesome camp and no need to go driving around. :)
Home is where you hang your @

Unread postby ruthp » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Sheenaugh-Lee wrote:I wish a person could actually have their wedding ceremony in the park!

You can try to arrange it - our daughter was married 10 years ago at Skukuza - the minister who serves at the church in Skukz conducted a non -religious ceremony which was very beautiful - It was held in the thatched lapa next to the restaurant and her bouquet of her beloved sunflowers was arranged by the nursery staff - We had a brunch catered by the restaurant (20 people)
It started with a phone call to the camp manager and then everything was arranged by phone fax and e-mail
BTW The kids sent 3 weeks on honeymoon in Kruger and are goin g to be there again this year for their 10th anniversay on 2 Feb

Unread postby Elsa » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

stephan groen

Re: Honeymoon in Kruger Park?

Unread postby stephan groen » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi all,

Will be spending my honeymoon inter alia as follow:

2 nights Highlands Retreat (GGNP)
2 night Golden Gate Hotel (Honeymoon suite)
1 Night Skukuza Semi Luxury Riverside
2 Nights Talamati

We got engaged at crooks Corner in January. So it's natural that Kruger should form part of the Honeymoon...
"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars."

13-16 June: Mopani

19-21 Sept: Mata Mata
22-23 Sept: Nossob
24-26 Sept: Twee Rivieren

Honeymoon July 2015

Unread postby Marceldebeer » Wed May 27, 2015 2:44 pm

Good Day to ALL Forumites.......I need advice please? :redface:

I am tying the knot end of July and taking my now soon to be wife then my wife to kruger for our Honeymoon....

Here is my question.who can I speak to regarding special arrangements?

I would like to make the time extra special as it will be her first time in Kruger :dance: WHOOP WHOOP.

We wil start with 2 nights in Tambotie in the luxury tent and from there we will move to Lower Sabie and then to Pretoriuskop.....

I would like to hear as many suggestions as possible,contact persons etc....

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards soon to be groom

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Honeymoon July 2015

Unread postby Meandering Mouse » Thu May 28, 2015 6:05 am

I could not think of a better way to start a marriage. I also love your itinerary.

Of course, a bush braai always come to mind. I should imagine that Lower Sabie would be the best place to experience that.

I am going to leave it to the 'experts' to give contact details of various people.

Saraf and Dinky Bird are pretty good at advice in this department.
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Return to “Kruger National Park”