Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:37 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Honeymooners and welcome to the forum. First of all congratulations and what a way to start your married life together. If your marriage is as special as Kruger, you will be blessed forever.

Those camps are well spread and I would suggest you leave early in the morning so you can take it easy and get to see all you can. While at Skukuza a must would be Lake Panic, a perfect place to quietly sit and watch the world work. I would also try to go down to do the S28 which is always a good road and we have had fantastic sightings. However, that is a another big day driving so it all depends how much driving you are wanting to do and how much "parking off".

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:17 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Welcome :D
as Jock said, what a wonderful way to start your married life.

When at Skukuza, do try to have a late sip of wine at Mathekenyane, as close to sunset as possible. It is a magic place.

Letaba is a camp filled with charm and lots of lovely, heart melting Bushbuck. Enjoy the river walk and just enjoy each others company.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:54 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Hm's
Some suggestions
1) Candle lit dinner at the Selati Train Restaurant
2) I'd recommend ONE evening drive. The drive as close to the start of the trip as the rangers give you good pointers. The evening drive is good because you are out after gates close and the sightings are different to what you see during the day.
2) ONE walk (morning). This is a more intimate experience as there are just 8 pax and its totally different - see LS walk thread.
3) Kissing everytime you spot the Big 5 :wink: or maybe everytime you spot the BIG 500 :roll:
4) Having a BIG JUST MARRIED sign on your 4 WD and the whole car decorated in Yellow Ribbon (not just the drivers window). :dance: This will ensure all cars ar BIG 5 sightings will move out of the way to give you the best spot. :lol:

Post subject: What are the most Romantic Camps
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:32 pm 

Hi

I am trying to organise a Honeymoon in the Kruger National Park for a couple. They can't afford the 5 Star options, but I am sure there are many gorgeous, more affordable options for them out there.

Please let me know your opinions of the most romantic camps in the Kruger and also any specific tips you can give me.

Regards

Post subject: Re: What are the most Romantic Camps
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:42 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Just returned from the upgraded bungalows (BD2)at Orpen.
Very nice and a small camp and no other bungalows obstruction the view.

Also liked the upgraded bungalows at Lower Sabie, all with perimeter view
(BG2U)

The porch for both camps are built in such a way that you get a secluded
feeling

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:48 pm 

Thanks Bert

I was also thinking those bungalows at Lower Sabie... Very nice! :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:42 pm 

For a honeymoon I'd go for Shimuwini Bushveld Camp. Quiet, beautiful setting and there's even a little plunge pool (they can pretend it's a private pool or spa!)

They don't even have to go for game drives - the animals come to the river. We saw lion, elephant and buffalo from our veranda, and that was in the rainy season.

Tony

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:11 pm 

gogreen, This is a question that should be answered by an Angel(Female Forumite) as my SO has a totally different viewpoint than me. Seeing that the Angels always spend their time chatting away in ChitChat :roll: I think you should make a post there.

In my opinion, Shimowini & Orpen is great, Tamboti will be really good but sound travels through the tent's canvas, if you know what I mean :wink:

Punda is great, it has nice walks, bird hide etc. I would go for 2 days in Shipandane Hide, only the lions to hear what you are up to, candle light, champers, some picnic food/snacks from the restaurant. 8)

Post subject: Which are the most Romantic camps in the Kruger?
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:56 am 

Hi

I am trying to organise a Honeymoon in the Kruger National Park for a couple. They can't afford the 5 Star options, but I am sure there are many gorgeous, more affordable options for them out there.

Please let me know your opinions of the most romantic camps in the Kruger and also any specific tips you can give me.

Regards
:hmz:

Post subject: Re: Which are the most Romantic camps in the Kruger?
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:02 pm 

Hi Gogreen!

Love the topic, but it's a bit hard. I've never been in love whilst in Kruger, hehehehe!! I would say the most romantic would probably be Letaba or Olifants. Purely because it's got breathtaking Views and the camps are always lush and green!

Olifants also has a great Restaurant, they were renovating the last time we were there.

Any of the bush camps are also amazing, but, a bit more expensive than the Main Camps.

Good Luck and happy wishes to the New Couple! :dance:

Happyness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of travelling...

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:21 pm 

I would suggest one of the Bush Camps - my favourites are Talamati & Sirheni. Only problem with bush camps is having to cook for yourself & as a bride on honeymoon I am sure it will be the last thing she wishes to do!!!

I would look at Letaba or Shingwedzi of the regular camps - both have nice restaurants with river views.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:17 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
I was very charmed by Punda's lovely tented accomodation, but I do like the sound of Tony Park's suggestion. I have never been there myself but it sounds enchanting..

I have just been thinking, where would I like to stay? Mmm :hmz: possibly with Mr. Fox :wink:

A good idea is to find out which camps have double beds. Some have stunning rooms with single beds.

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:16 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Shimuwini would be lovely but I think sitting watching the river flow at Oliphants would be the most romantic. Says someone who has been married 33 years Image

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:35 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
As a musketeer who has been told that he has no clue what romantic means, I go with Tamboti. Let others worry about any night music.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:59 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi GoGreen

Take it from a man who has had experience-BnD the best. Honeymooned there in 1990. Stayed in a few camps on that occasion, LS, Skukuza, Satara, Letaba, and Mopani which was fairly new at the time. None of the others quite compared with BnD.
BnD is very private, always green, very romantic walk long the dam, a good restaurant and of course good sightings. It has a good mix of being modern, yet also rustic and you do not lose the feeling of being in the bush.
And for those thinking of the hubby doing the braai-ing- I found it a terrible distraction! Enough time for that over future years.
That madam is now my ex-but recently got married again, circumstances dictated that we could not go to the KNP, but I am planning,mmmm. BnD is my choice for a real romantic few days. I cannot wait :hmz: :D

Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next