Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Post subject: Re: CAMPERS - show us your camp setup
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:34 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

We've also ditched the blow up mattresses and replaced them with stretchers and foam mattresses. Its more comfortable, you dont get the cold off the ground in winter, you dont need to keep inflating the bed, it's much quicker to pack up and you have added packing space under the stretchers.

As far as lighting goes, I use a combination of rechargeable lamps for inside the tent, and 220v lighting outside. Im planning on changing this to 12v led's in the near future when I kit the trailer out with a 12 volt battery system with a charger, inverter as well as a a solar panel. The most expensive item will be replacing my 220v only campmaster freezer with a 12/220v freezer as I plan on spending more time in the future at camps like Tsendze and Balule (and possibly a KTP trip or 2 or 3 ).

Post subject: Re: CAMPERS - show us your camp setup
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:58 am 

Wow some of you guys and ladies are very well equipped for camping. I just bought a tent a few days ago, I made it my mission for 2014 to buy a camping item/s every month until we have the basic stuff.

My next items will I be buying beds. Now I have read a lot about what campers use and it seems that stretchers will be my best bet in stead of blowup mattresses.

Will be planning my first ever camp in Kruger next year during the cooler months, SO made it quite clear that camping in Kruger in summer is NOT a option, even though I tried to explain to her that Kruger is such a cool place :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Camping in Kruger
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:47 am 

Hi Campers, spent a Month in K from OS bringing most equipment with including simple stuff such as:
2 Man tent, sleeping bag, yoga style mattress, mug (coffee and cereal) tin plate knife, spoon and fork, $5 lights with sensors, bought an electric frying pan while there and had the greatest time with those basics. Even "walked" my "home" to a new site when a better one was found, light and sufficiently comfortable.
Upgrading to hut next Year as family members wary of tent as they haven't been to K before!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27