Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics






Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 20 of 64
 [ 956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 64  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:52 pm 
Offline
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:44 pm
Posts: 2756
Location: Welkom
FAC Member (2012)
Radman wrote:
Humans are Sabel's (Antilope) most likely predator? Fact or myth :whistle:


Myth, if we exclude hunting. Lions are the most likely predator.

_________________
Give thanks for unknown blessings already on its way---African saying
Member nr 8512
Cheetah supporterPURIST and proud thereof


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:26 pm 
Offline
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 3375
Location: dreaming of the bush
Myth

_________________
You might get me out of the bush, but you won't get the bush out of me, it's deep in my heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:18 pm 
Offline
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:31 pm
Posts: 399
Location: Not to far to drive bet yet to close to fly. Roodepoort
Rooies wrote:
Radman wrote:
Humans are Sabel's (Antilope) most likely predator? Fact or myth :whistle:


Myth, if we exclude hunting. Lions are the most likely predator.


Heksie wrote:
Myth :thumbs_up:

I think :hmz: Are we prey? :big_eyes:



Ahh you guys are to clever :clap: :clap:

As Rooies said yes indeed Lions are the biggest predator of sable but Humans hunt more Sable that what is killed by predators. Sad but true

Your It Heksie :thumbs_up:

_________________
Travel Report 08 June-25June2012 Pretoriuskop-Letaba

viewtopic.php?style=2&f=27&t=62809


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:32 pm 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar
Award: Travel Tale of the Year for KNP (2013)
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:37 pm
Posts: 4176
Location: Pretoria
Thanks Radman!

Now let me think :hmz:

Fact or myth?
OWN has seen a crocodile eat a water monitor in one of his trips?
(something different) :twisted:

_________________
CAMPING

12 Jul Tambotie
13 Jul Sable Hide
14+15 Jul Punda
16-19 Jul Tsendze


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:47 pm 
Offline
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:49 pm
Posts: 434
Location: Tooooo far from Kruger
False - no member called OWN :|

_________________
Post Your Photo's with 3 or more species HERE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:40 pm 
Offline
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 3375
Location: dreaming of the bush
As true as the sky being green as cheetah's face. The croc was eating a python in the waters.

_________________
You might get me out of the bush, but you won't get the bush out of me, it's deep in my heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:01 pm 
Offline
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 3375
Location: dreaming of the bush
The Quizzes have a new mod :thumbs_up: by the name of Elsa?? Fact or Myth (if you say it's a myth what's the truth then? :twisted: )

_________________
You might get me out of the bush, but you won't get the bush out of me, it's deep in my heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:05 pm 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar
Award: Travel Tale of the Year for KNP (2013)
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:37 pm
Posts: 4176
Location: Pretoria
Myth :dance:
RosemaryH is our new MOD :thumbs_up: Helo Rosemary and welcome to the Quizzes! :clap:

_________________
CAMPING

12 Jul Tambotie
13 Jul Sable Hide
14+15 Jul Punda
16-19 Jul Tsendze


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:08 pm 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 4776
Location: Johannesburg SA
FAC Member (2013)
Eish.
Even the hardest questions, the stars tell the Heksie the answer :lol:

_________________
Kruger 2014!!!

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:13 pm 
Offline
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 3375
Location: dreaming of the bush
:lol: :lol: :lol: Heksie, since the stars told you the secret to the difficult question, maybe they can give you a question too? :thumbs_up:

_________________
You might get me out of the bush, but you won't get the bush out of me, it's deep in my heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:20 pm 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar
Award: Travel Tale of the Year for KNP (2013)
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:37 pm
Posts: 4176
Location: Pretoria
And the leaves have spoken:
Col James Hamilton put his wife to rest at Klipspringerkoppies.

_________________
CAMPING

12 Jul Tambotie
13 Jul Sable Hide
14+15 Jul Punda
16-19 Jul Tsendze


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:45 pm
Posts: 4953
Location: southern gauteng
Myth , she outlived him .

_________________
KNP is sacred. I am opposed to the modernisation of Kruger and from the depths of my soul long for the Kruger of yesteryear! 1000+km on foot in KNP incl 56 wild trails.200+ nights in the wildernessndloti-indigenous name for serval.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:56 pm 
Offline
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:08 am
Posts: 3791
Myth. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:07 pm 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar
Award: Travel Tale of the Year for KNP (2013)
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:37 pm
Posts: 4176
Location: Pretoria
ndloti wrote:
Myth , she outlived him .


yes you are right!

Col James Hamilton died on 10 Dec 1957

His wife died on 11 Jan 1979

Ndloti you are IT

Picnic you where right as well! :thumbs_up:

_________________
CAMPING

12 Jul Tambotie
13 Jul Sable Hide
14+15 Jul Punda
16-19 Jul Tsendze


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fact or myth (RV)
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:59 pm 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 4776
Location: Johannesburg SA
FAC Member (2013)
That was an interesting one :thumbs_up:
Serval. 8)

_________________
Kruger 2014!!!

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 64  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Webcams Highlights

Addo Nossob Orpen Satara
Addo Nossob Orpen Satara
Submitted by Sebakwe at 08:45:56 Submitted by Mellory at 21:49:52 Submitted by Mellory at 21:43:41 Submitted by Mellory at 21:46:18