Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best Bungalow Locations
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:52 pm 

Leana,

I totally agree with you. When one is in Kruger you want to relax and feel part of the bush. Please don't take no 1 - 8 then. With no 10 you have a view of the bush and also a small view of the river where you can't see too much of the sugar plantations.

Please feel free to ask about other accomodation at other camps if you want know more. Maybe i can help. Hope you have a lovely stay at Crocodile bridge.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:50 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi there Alf
Maybe I must rather go for 10 and not 9 at all :hmz: We always go to LS, tent nr. 16 and Tamboti, tent nr. 40, but due to my late booking this year, I have the opportunity to explore some other options :lol:

We have one night at LS, BDU3, one at Orpen BD2 and back to LS BD2 (which I hope to change to Croc Bridge also if there is a cancellation) and then 3 nights Croc Bridge. Can you recommend a good unit at Orpen? but for one night it does not really matters.

Thanks for all you help, I appreciate it very much. Greetings from the Karoo :D
Leana :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:31 pm 

Leana,

Sounds very nice. The first night at LS with the BD3U i would suggest you get a unit that is far away from the noisy deck. I would suggest number 18 about. Then at orpen i would go for number 12. This unit has the best view over the webcam. I was in no 10 december and we had a bush before us. Then at LS again with the BD2. I'm not sure where they are inside the camp. I think they are from 67-72. I would then go for 72.

I hope this helps. Just remember to get up at gate opening time at Orpen and CB because there's a local lion pride just outside these camps which we saw during december.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:03 pm 

Hello everybody,
which camp do you suggest between Satara and Letaba to spend two days in april?
Many thanks for your help
Baldovino

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:45 am 

:hmz: :huh: Hi All
Who do you contact if you want as ask for a specific Bungalow at CB

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:37 am 

baldovino - olifants camp - the location and view looking over the river is spectacular. See if you can get a unit with a permiter view.
You can make requests for certain units directly with the camp

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:01 am 

Sorry, do you mean you want to make a choice between either camp.
Then Satara for good game viewing

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:49 pm 

Stoney you can contact the camp directly at 013 735 6012

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:45 am 

:clap: Thanks Alf will do

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:31 am 

My SO and I are going to Kruger next weekend and my parents will be joining us on this trip.

We have two separate bookings for the BD2N bungalows, and on 19 Feb I sent a fax to Satara pointing out that we have two reservation numbers but are travelling in the same vehicle and requested that we be allocated bungalows next to each other.

I called Satara now to ensure that they had received my fax. The lady I spoke to [I didn't get her name as it was a rather crackly line and she spoke very softly] asked for our reservation numbers. Conferred with someone else in Reception then asked me if I had made the reservation with them :huh:; told me that our reservations are not on their system - which I find rather strange seeing that we have two confirmation letters and no outstanding payments on the reservations. She then added that as from this week they are not allowed to take requests for specific bungalows.

I pointed out that we do not want to be allocated bungalows on opposite ends of the camp, for example, bungalows 1 and 100, but want to be next to each other. She then asked why I didn't make one reservation, and after a pause put the receiver down!!! :wall: :wall: :huh:

Will now try to send an e-mail to the e-mail address on the Camp Contact Details and hope for a better result.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:06 am 

Hi Linda

Try to get hold of the duty manager at Satara, Dion Khoza, very helpfull and know what he is doing. When you phone, just ask to be put trough to the duty manager. Try to do it nearer to the time, they only allocate a week before I think.

Hope it helps.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:16 am 

I have sent an e-mail to Satara and will now wait and see if I get any response.

I then phoned Lower Sabie which is the other camp we will be staying in on this trip, and what a contrast to the "service" received from Satara!

I spoke with a very helpful lady, Nthembi, who asked for our reservation numbers and confirmed that our request had been received and that we have been allocated bungalows next to each other. :D

Satara reception could learn a lot from Lower Sabie.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 am 

Hi Wbevents

Thanks very much for that suggestion.

If I do not receive a response to my e-mail message, then I will follow your advice and give Dion Khoza a call.

Specific bungalows are not the issue, we would just like to be in bungalows next to each other... makes life a lot easier when unpacking on arrival and then repacking when we move to Lower Sabie.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:59 pm 

I had a similar problem in Dec. I took my disabled father with our party to Skukuza and also phoned the camp to ask for his bungalow to be put next to our (for obvious reasons), and I confirmed twice with them before we leftt that it so. Low and behold, his bungalow was put on the otherside of the camp (library side) and the other three bungalows on the other side. I was furious and the duty manager tried everything possible to change it but couldn't. Someone decided to change it around.
How do they expect a disabled person to cope. I did have a caregiver but we were totally inconvenienced as we all ate together and with the construction going on impossible to manoeuvre a wheelchair and had to fetch and take him back by car each time we went out They changed it around for the two nights, but still not next to us. No brains!

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:02 pm 

of all the camps I have found Satara most difficult for these kind of requests.

Olifants fall over themselves to help, Orpen is similarly helpful, Skukuza has just been very very helpful on the phone,( we will see if our special request actually works out) but Satara :roll:

Last year I requested a late departure at Satara as the team were on a bush walk. It was all agreed,in writing, but the cleaning lady would have none of it, so as thankfully I had stayed behind I had to try and keep the peace, it was all very stressful especially as the vervets were busy emptying out the bungalow next door where they had left thier windows open!

Isnt it good news tho that departure time ( at last) is now 10am, and although arrival time has moved back an hour as well they will let you have the unit if it is ready.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next