Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Animals in camps
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:54 pm 

A few years ago we had a lovely river view bungalow at Crocodile Bridge. My girls were a lot younger and we all were sharing a 4 bedded unit. While I braai'd my wife visited the bathroom, on her return she informed me that a snake had shedded it's skin in the shower - "get rid of it before your daughters see it or none of us will sleep tonight!". So I ambled into the bungalow and headed for the bathroom. On the ledge up near the thatch the shedded skin was visible - a little out of my reach I used the braai tongs to retrieve the offending item - little did I know the snake had not quite finished shedding itself and was still attached to the bit I had just grabbed - :big_eyes: - The sundowners I had earlier disappeared as quickly as the "70 foot black mamba - thats the type of snake it was and I'm sticking to that story."

I returned to the braai trying to act all cool and tried to gain my composure. "Is it gone?" - "Yes dear I replied".
I spent a nervous sleepless night lying in bed with a torch scanning the thatch above me from time to time....

Letaba 22nd Sep
Mopani 23rd
Satara 24th
Lower Sabie 25,26

Yippeee !!

:lol:

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:12 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Melman this is bit scary as a black mamba is very dangerous :shock: . I do not like snakes in the Rondawels. Your response to your wife was very good under such circumstances.

Melman wrote:
"Is it gone?" - "Yes dear I replied".

Enjoy your upcoming visit to Kruger :D :thumbs_up: Wish it was me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:19 am 

Hi Grantmissy

Just to clarify - I'm not sure what type of snake it was and it probably was no longer that 3 feet - but still enough to create a very uneasy night and a very quick shower. :)