Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Requesting specific Accommodation.
Unread postPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:31 am 

Staff do get moved around in the park from time to time so often the e-mail doesn't get to the right person but Graham if phoning is not an option maybe try sending a mail to the Hospitality manager which is what I do when requesting specific accommodation.
Enjoy your trip Gjiorgi, might even see you in May in the south of the park.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:39 pm 

Graham, I read through the Accommodation thread and from there it seems most people thought 8 is the better unit...ai, what to do! :doh: Luckily it also seems that it doesn't REALLY matter which unit you get, due to the small size of Biyamiti one is almost as good as the next. Am I right? Definitely planning a night drive from Biyamiti and actually asked the question about who currently does the drive there on the Biyamiti thread and whether he/she is nice/knowledgable/shy etc. So thanks for answering that question! 2 weeks! Oh, and thanks Elsa!

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:35 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

I've tried phoning Shimuwini with regard to booking a specific unit - but no answer ever at the nr on the web. Also e-mailed both e-mail addresses provided about a week ago, and still no feedback. Any ideas on what to try next...?

26-29 June - Shingwedzi

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:16 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Disabled Accommodation:
Please could someone assist in advising how to ensure that I get a disabled unit. I know they are kept back for a period before release ( how long) I am determined to go in December :D but must book a disabled unit for the friend going with.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:52 am 

You need to phone Reservations directly and ask. They should be able to talk you through the procedure.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:49 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
When requesting specific accommodation I don't think that there is a set path to follow, last year when I requested specific accommodation I was told to email 3 options and I would be allocated one of my three options, this year I called the same camp and asked if I was able to book a specific safari tent and I was asked which number I would like, I gave the number and it was allocated to me. Different processes on different days I suppose depending on who answers the phone :doh: :hmz: :hmz: :hmz: :hmz:

Tamboti 30 December 2014
Berg en Dal 31 December 204 - 03 January 2015

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:47 am 

I wish that there was a set process as I phoned Skukuza and Lower Sabie for this year April to request specific unit numbers and was told to email the requests through, which is what I did and then got replies from both camps, which I still have, indicating that my request was successful.

However on arrival at both camps we were allocated different units, so I pulled out the mail confirmations, but nothing could be done as others were already in the units I requested. I was then told not to worry as they are all the same. If they were all the same then specific units wouldn’t be requested in the first place.

This has happened to me a number of times at multiple camps, so a more formal approach would assist clients and staff.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:59 am 

Hi Bushbuddies,

Christo Knox is the hospitality services manager at Shimuwini now. I have also requested a specific unit and he phoned me within an hour to confirm my request. You can e-mail him at christo.knox@sanparks.org

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:06 am 

Bushbuddies wrote:
I've tried phoning Shimuwini with regard to booking a specific unit - but no answer ever at the nr on the web. Also e-mailed both e-mail addresses provided about a week ago, and still no feedback. Any ideas on what to try next...?

I also had zero luck trying to get hold of them prior to my visit at the end of May. E-mailed: no feedback. Phoned, no answer. I also did not get any of the 4 options I requested (not that it really mattered). The camp was only about 70 % occupied.

In contrast, an e-mailed request for a specific unit at Berg-en-dal yielded an almost immediate response. I guess the admin style at the smaller bush camps is a little more "relaxed" shall we say?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:11 am 

I emailed a request to Biyamiti,for our July stay,and had a reply within the day.
Does seem all camps are different and there is no uniform policy.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:34 am 

There is no uniform policy as there is no stated "right" to request specific units. The camps will try to accommodate as many people as they can where it is convenient to do so, but it is at the discretion of the camps to do this. They have other considerations to take into account.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:38 pm 

Biyamiti

Dear all,

we will do our second Kruger trip this year in October 14. I can`t wait.
Last time in Feb/March 14 we were caught by the heavy rains and couldn`t visit all our booked Bushveld Camps. That was such a pitty.

Next Oct./Nov. I hope we will be lucky to enjoy again the beautiful bushveld camps. One of them will be Biyamti. We visited the camp a long long time ago. So I need a little help.
We have booked a Guest Cottage NGC5V , with a river view.
My question : Are all Guest Cottages are equipped with new furniture and curtains, are the bathrooms upgraded ?
I thought to follow your advice under the topic "best unit numbers" and ask for unit 7 or 1.
Someone else also recommended No. 9, but if you look onto the map of Biyamti the distance between 9 and the river looks quite far.
What would you suggest ?

Many thank in advance, greetings, Brigitte

:gflower:

05. - 07.11. Skukuza
07. - 10.11. Talamati
10. - 14.11. Olifants
18. - 19.11. Orpen
19. - 21.11. Mopani
21. - 24.11. Shimuvini
24. - 27.11. Sirheni
27. - 29.11. Punda

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:18 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

alf wrote:
Hi Bushbuddies,

Christo Knox is the hospitality services manager at Shimuwini now. I have also requested a specific unit and he phoned me within an hour to confirm my request. You can e-mail him at christo.knox@sanparks.org

Thanks alf! Unfortunately Christo Knox is one of the persons that I have e-mailed from the outset. No response. It is not the end of the world - I understand most units are good. I did, however, get a fast and friendly response from Tamboti - well done to them! I could not get the unit I requested, but they gave me such a friendly reply, and allocated me to the next best unit. Good service, friendliness and courtesy!

saraf wrote:
There is no uniform policy as there is no stated "right" to request specific units. The camps will try to accommodate as many people as they can where it is convenient to do so, but it is at the discretion of the camps to do this. They have other considerations to take into account.

I totally understand this saraf. I have no problem with this. I just think it a bit strange if a camp never answers their phone and 2 people responsible for managing the camp are not courteous enough to answer one's e-mails. This is luckily not concerning anything serious, and I'm not angry at all. I just think there is some room for improved service at certain camps. :thumbs_up:

26-29 June - Shingwedzi

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:50 am 

Dear Squirrel81,

Biyamiti is certainly one of my favourite camps and I love Unit 15. It has no view of the river but is all the way on the end and is surrounded by bush. It even has a private little pathway that runs down to the fence overlooking the river. Walking down this path with a few drinks in hand and sitting on some of our camping chairs in that little corner has been spectacular. We have had Leopard, Lions patrolling, Lions killing buffalo and Elephants right in front of us not to mention all the general game.

As far as the renovations are concerned, we have stayed in almost every unit over the last 2 years and they are all well maintained. Some are missing the new furniture. To be honest it doesn't really matter as their camp manager is doing a great job and you know that whichever unit you get will be in good condition.

For the river view I also like number 1, as it too is on the end a a little more private. Although on my last visit it was a bit overgrown and the river not so visible - I did not mind as I love the bush and privacy it affords.

Unfortunately we were evacuated in January 2013 from Biyamiti and then again in 2014. January and February are my personal favourite times to visit Kruger but I may reconsider and change that to November before the heavy rains hit.

I also recommend a few drives with Jerry as his knowledge of the area, birds and wildlife is unparalleled.

Cannot wait for my next trip to Biyamiti!

Regards,

Sean

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:07 am 

I've just contacted both Lower Sabie and Satara to request specific accommodation.

Lower Sabie

The friendly lady at reception told me to mail my request to rofhiwa.nedididi@sanparks.org.

Satara

Seems Satara will only accept a fax. I asked for an email address and she told me that I must rather fax my request through. :rtm:

In both cases I asked that they confirm when the allocation has been made, so I wait in anticipation.... :pray:

Will let everyone know what the outcome is. :thumbs_up: