Requesting specific Accommodation.

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Nkulu
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Requesting specific Accommodation.

Unread postby Nkulu » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:16 am

Disabled Accommodation:
Please could someone assist in advising how to ensure that I get a disabled unit. I know they are kept back for a period before release ( how long) I am determined to go in December :D but must book a disabled unit for the friend going with.
Nkulu

I am a free spirit...Either admire me from the ground. Or fly with me...But don't ever try to cage me.

Croc Bridge 11 June 2015
Tamboti 12 June 2015
Shingwedzi 13 & 14 & 15 June 2015
Balule 16 June 2015

saraf

Unread postby saraf » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:52 am

You need to phone Reservations directly and ask. They should be able to talk you through the procedure.
Nominations are now open for the Website Community Choice Award - Kudu Awards 2015

tent dweller
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)

Unread postby tent dweller » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:49 am

When requesting specific accommodation I don't think that there is a set path to follow, last year when I requested specific accommodation I was told to email 3 options and I would be allocated one of my three options, this year I called the same camp and asked if I was able to book a specific safari tent and I was asked which number I would like, I gave the number and it was allocated to me. Different processes on different days I suppose depending on who answers the phone :doh: :hmz: :hmz: :hmz: :hmz:
PRETORIUSKOP 20 - 21 December 2015
TAMBOTI 22 - 24 December 2015
OLIFANTS 25 - 27 December 2015 (with a view)
LETABA 28 - 31 December 2015
MOPANI 01 - 03 January 2016 (with a view)
SKUKUZA 04 -06 January 2016

alf

Unread postby alf » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:59 am

Hi Bushbuddies,

Christo Knox is the hospitality services manager at Shimuwini now. I have also requested a specific unit and he phoned me within an hour to confirm my request. You can e-mail him at christo.knox@sanparks.org
Made my booking for Desember 2014!! Whoohoo

Afriphile

Unread postby Afriphile » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:11 am

I emailed a request to Biyamiti,for our July stay,and had a reply within the day.
Does seem all camps are different and there is no uniform policy.

Bushbuddies
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Bushbuddies » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:18 pm

alf wrote:Hi Bushbuddies,

Christo Knox is the hospitality services manager at Shimuwini now. I have also requested a specific unit and he phoned me within an hour to confirm my request. You can e-mail him at christo.knox@sanparks.org

Thanks alf! Unfortunately Christo Knox is one of the persons that I have e-mailed from the outset. No response. It is not the end of the world - I understand most units are good. I did, however, get a fast and friendly response from Tamboti - well done to them! I could not get the unit I requested, but they gave me such a friendly reply, and allocated me to the next best unit. Good service, friendliness and courtesy!

saraf wrote:There is no uniform policy as there is no stated "right" to request specific units. The camps will try to accommodate as many people as they can where it is convenient to do so, but it is at the discretion of the camps to do this. They have other considerations to take into account.

I totally understand this saraf. I have no problem with this. I just think it a bit strange if a camp never answers their phone and 2 people responsible for managing the camp are not courteous enough to answer one's e-mails. This is luckily not concerning anything serious, and I'm not angry at all. I just think there is some room for improved service at certain camps. :thumbs_up:
13-19 June 2015 - Lower Sabie
20-23 June 2015 - Satara
24-25 June 2015 - Olifants
26-28 June 2015 - Letaba

13 Dec 2015 - Nossob
14-15 Dec 2015 - Grootkolk
16 Dec 2015 - Nossob
17-18 Dec 2015 - Mata Mata
19 Dec 2015 - Twee Rivieren

Guzz

Unread postby Guzz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:07 am

I've just contacted both Lower Sabie and Satara to request specific accommodation.

Lower Sabie

The friendly lady at reception told me to mail my request to rofhiwa.nedididi@sanparks.org.

Satara

Seems Satara will only accept a fax. I asked for an email address and she told me that I must rather fax my request through. :rtm:

In both cases I asked that they confirm when the allocation has been made, so I wait in anticipation.... :pray:

Will let everyone know what the outcome is. :thumbs_up:

pviral

Booking Particular Room

Unread postby pviral » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:41 am

Hi All,

I was trying to calling camps to reserve particular room for my reservation but cannot get hold of them. It always goes to answering machine.

Do you guys know how to book a particular room other than phone?

For example,
in skukuza, I would like to book room BE3 #74.

Thanks
Viral

ctm7943

Re: Booking Particular Room

Unread postby ctm7943 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:09 am

Send email to:

Phuti Namethe phuti.namethe@sanparks.org
Mari Morland mari.morland@sanparks.org
Akani Shivambu Akani.Shivambu@sanparks.org

Include your reservation number and 3 preferred bungalow numbers

pviral

Re: Booking Particular Room

Unread postby pviral » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:50 am

@ctm7943... thanks for prompt reply..

Kaykay

Unread postby Kaykay » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:19 pm

We have 3 of the Safari Tents in Lower Sabie booked for September. Their codes are LST2U - Are there specific numbers I should try to book? Does anyone know what the best way is to request at LS?

Then in Satara I have 3 BD@V's are their good and bad ones here?

Kaykay

Unread postby Kaykay » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:19 pm

OK apologies :redface: I have now found the thread which tells us which are the best units in each camp.

Now I just need to know how and who to contact to request the specific unit numbers. Can anyone assist there?

Thalie

Unread postby Thalie » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Hello Kaykay,
In order to request specific accommodation at Lower Sabie I tried two e-mail addresses that were mentioned on the forum - bongile.louw@sanparks.org. and dorcus.nxumalo@sanparks.org. (MRS Nxumalo as I found out ... :redface: ). I told them the unit numbers that we'd prefer and some alternatives. Dorcus replied immediately, saying that we'd get two of the units we wanted; Bongile replied quite a while later (apologizing for not getting back to us earlier) and said that while they'd try to give us our preferred units, they could not guarantee it as they receive 70% special requests for accommodation.
We'll see what happens when we get there - I guess they really try to do their best to give people the units they'd like, but it doesn't always work out. At least we tried, and I'm sure none of the LSTU units are really bad (we booked those, too). Good luck! :thumbs_up:

brewersfriend

Unread postby brewersfriend » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:30 pm

We have reserved BD2U (bungalows) at Lower Sabie they were made at 4 separate times ( made when they became available) but now all grouped under one Reservation number - will we be given just the one bungalow or will we have to move around?
As clear as mud -eh!
Satara 3-6 Sept 2015
Letaba 7-8 Sept 2015
Oliphants 9-10 Sept 2015
Lower Sabie 11- 15 Sept 2015

I don't know of a wine that doesn't improve with quantity!

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:33 pm

I'm sure they will do their very best to accommodate you in the same bungalow for all 4 days. :thumbs_up:
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Kruger - 22nd May - 5th June 2015

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”