Skip to Content

Numbi Gate

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Joep Stevens
Guru
Guru

Re: Numbi Gate

Unread postby Joep Stevens » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:55 pm

I am not aware of any demonstrations but the road is being repaired with significant detours. Phabeni is recommended as best alternative.

JOEP
General Manager: Tourism Operations

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:15 pm

Please be aware of this advisory!

Numbi Gate inaccessible due to protests on R538:
Guests of Kruger National Park are hereby informed that Numbi Gate is currently inaccessible due to protests in the surrounding areas such as Mahushu on the R538 road today, 23 February 2015. Guests are advised to use alternative routes e.g. R40/Kiepersol road leading to Phabeni and Paul Kruger Gates (please avoid Numbi for now) to access and exit Kruger National Park until further notice.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Kruger - 22nd May - 5th June 2015

Hippotragus
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Hippotragus » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:31 pm

It is probably best, if one has enough time, to continue on the N4 and enter KNP at either Malelane or Crocodile Bridge Gates. The N4 is a good, fast road and the only real difference in time is the longer distance in the park, with the lower speed limit.

We are going up on 5th March and will enter at either Malelane or Crocodile Bridge - we are staying at Skukuza.
KTP May 2015

Stoffel
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Stoffel » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:07 pm

Latest news on Numbi?? We are driving from Johannesburg on Friday 20 March and plan to enter via Numbi (going to Pretoriuskop).
Chris Boucher

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:16 pm

Stoffel, there is still an general advisory out re this road and gate but it does seem to change from day to day. Here
So the best thing is to keep an eye on the website close to the time and if there is any major problems it does get updated.
The latest one indicated it was OK Numbi Gate open
Sorry I can't be of more help right now.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Kruger - 22nd May - 5th June 2015

wildebeeste

Unread postby wildebeeste » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:04 am

Stoffel,
We visit Kruger almost every year during May. Our favourite drive to Pretoriouskop from Nelspruit is on R538 to Numbi Gate, after we pick up supplies at White River. We drive carefully, to avoid as many potholes as possible, and since we are travelling the route in early/mid afternoon, the traffic is not unduly heavy.

I have to admit that, in 2012 when we took our families with us, I missed the turnoff to the Numbi Gate because the sign had been removed, ending up in Hazyview. I received a fair bit of ragging as a result.

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”