Skip to Content

Advice needed, Camp X to Camp Y

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
bluebird123

Talamati to Biyamiti

Unread postby bluebird123 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:12 pm

We are going from Talamati directly to Biyamiti. I can only guess how long this drive is as it is not in the distances tables. Maybe 200 Km? Is there time to stop for lunch at Skukuza? Thanks!

Elsa

Re: Advice needed, Camp X to Camp Y

Unread postby Elsa » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Warm welcome to the forum Bluebird!

If I take Orpen to Croc Bridge as an example which is 183kms then I would say close to 200 is about right.
You don't say what time of year you are going to be in the park as the camp gates open earlier and close later in the summer months giving one more time to make the distance.
But of course one can't factor in any animal road blocks/special sightings which can add quite a bit of time onto one's trip.
As for lunch at Skukuza, I would say judge it as the trip progresses and make the decision closer to the time.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Please add your vote in the Website Community Choice Award

MasaiMara

Unread postby MasaiMara » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:18 pm

Is it possible to travel from Berg en dal to Mopani in one day? We are booked at the two camps and wondered if we travel through the park or exit and travel from the west side of the park.

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:15 pm

Warm welcome to the forum! :clap:

I would usually never advise anyone to travel outside the park but B & D to Mopani is 276 kms which is a very long distance to do inside the park, the map book says can be done in 11 hours which is at 25kph but also not factoring in any stops along the route.
so unless you leave strictly at gate opening and keep the speed up a little bit and not stop too often for sightings/pit stops etc it might be doable but definitely not advisable.
You don't say what time of year it will be as obviously in the summer months there is more time between gate opening and closing than in the winter months.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Please add your vote in the Website Community Choice Award

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”