Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Tamboti Satellite Camp
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:38 am 

Thanks again. Should I be able to pick up a small heater from the Pick n Pay in Hazyview? It doesn't quite seem real yet that I'll actually be n Tamboti in just over six weeks from now, but I have started packing (including plenty of warm clothes, Kruger maps and books on South African wildlife)

Lion cubs at Pretorioskop! I'll certainly be asking about them!

Post subject: Re: Tamboti Satellite Camp
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:49 am 

With baboons and honey badgers around, would it best be best to leave all food that doesn't need a fridge inside the boot of the car? Or could rodents get into it then? I'll have a small Chevrolet or similar from Hertz, and I've had rodents get into cars here in Australia. Inside the car in a sturdy plastic storage box with lid perhaps?

Any tips for walking to the facilities at night? (obviously using a strong torch, checking ground and bushes, and staying alert to all rustlings and other noises). I'm accustomed to watching for snakes when walking in the bush at night in Australia (is a June night too cold for them anyway? It would be for most of ours), not accustomed to coming across honey badgers or warthogs, and wondering what else I could encounter. I'd actually love to see some of the nocturnal creatures - bushbabies, genets etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19