Skip to Content

Crocodile Bridge Rest Camp

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Lepardfan
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Crocodile Bridge Rest Camp

Unread postby Lepardfan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:49 am

Hi angiek. I have been visiting Kruger for the last 15 years, and never had any problems.

I am sure many other mites will tell you the same. Have a safe and wonderful trip. :thumbs_up:
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~George Washington Carver

One day closer to my next visit

Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread postby Crested Val » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:57 am

A lovely camp, where I have always felt safe. :dance:

I have also not heard of any thefts, but anywhere in the world (even 5 star hotels) we are at risk from petty pilfering. Just keep your belongings safe.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. :dance:
Thinking of my beloved South Africa every day.

Virtual Potjie Competition for VHR Far School's Project

ingefl

Unread postby ingefl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Elsa wrote:
We stayed there a week later and had bungalow # 14 which was lovely with no noise other than the night sounds you speak of and an ellie at the fence standing watching us.
So perhaps in future make sure you request bungalows in the higher numbers. :thumbs_up:

As I read this thread before going there, I tried to reserve one of the higher numbers, but there were none available. So we ended up staying in bungalow #7 June 20 through 23. We also heard the noise from across the river. Seems to be a diesel generator and it was accommodated by a strong light. Took a walk along the fence and I think that bungalows #1 through #9 all have some disturbance from this noise, walking around the corner at #10 the noise seemed to disappear. However, later on a different noise (generator?) from further down the river was audible from at least #10 through #15 but not from our #7. Note that the generators weren't active at all times, the first night it was, the second it wasn't. When it started during the night, we could definitely hear it inside #7 (windows open).

I would definitely try to get one of the higher numbers next time (if there will be one) as the noise from further down the river seemed lighter.

One reason I would want to book again at Crocodile Bridge, despite the noise and the very small shop, was the Morning Walk. Of the 4 walks we did during our 10 days, the one at Crocodile Bridge was by far the best. The passion with which the rangers (Jacu? and Israel) shared their knowledge and the way the walk was conducted was superb (Make no mistake, the walks in Olifants and Shingwedzi were nice as well!). Even without the great results (Elephants, giraffes, impalas, 6 white rhinos, standoff between an elephant and 2 lionesses with cubs), it would have been the best

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby Meandering Mouse » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:44 am

Thanks for that feedback, Ingefl. :thumbs_up:

People often ask about good camps for walks and I will certainly bear that in mind.
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”