S25 Crocodile River Road

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Carol g
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Re: S25 Crocodile River Road

Unread postby Carol g » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:59 pm

The S25 had been very kind to us, in May we saw two sightings of Cheetah, a leopard and 8 wild dogs in one morning
Those who have no love in there hearts for animals, have no love in there hearts at all

ROTTWEILER

Unread postby ROTTWEILER » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:08 pm

I have driven this road half a dozen times without the luck that some people seem to have had . However , south of Skukuza , this is still one of two of my favourite roads in the south section of the Kruger Park . I enjoy the scenery , the river and the way the road flows from east to west ( or west to east ) . The other plus is that there is never a lot of traffic on it so if you do come across something interesting , you will have it to yourself for some time . As stated earlier , it is not a drive that has brought me great sightings but once I was very fortunate to see something very exciting . It was in view for all of 4 seconds as it crossed in front of my car , and only 10 meters in front of me . The Brown Hyena . I did notice that someone else saw the same thing a few years ago , however if you rush down to drive this road to see my Brown Hyena , do not bother , as my sighting was in 1989 .

Lepardfan
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Lepardfan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Please help with a little advice.

We only have one day :wall: :wall: in Kruger this coming Saturday the 4th of July. We are staying in Marloth Park. Since I traveled this road last in the early 2000's would you recommend BnD to CB or the other way around? :roll:
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~George Washington Carver

One day closer to my next visit

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:39 pm

If you intend to leave early morning at sunrise I think CB to B & D would be the way to go, the sun will be behind you and not in your eyes.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Kruger - 22nd May - 5th June 2015

Lepardfan
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Lepardfan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:49 am

Thank you Elsa, my thoughts exactly.

We are planning to make a breakfast stop at Afsaal. Would you recommend doing the whole S25, or take the S118 towards Afsaal's direction? So many options for just one day. :mrgreen:
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~George Washington Carver

One day closer to my next visit

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:35 am

If you are planning on stopping at Afsaal, I would do the S119/8 and even the H2-2 which comes out right before the picnic site.
We found the S114 very corrugated in places in June.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Kruger - 22nd May - 5th June 2015

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”