Skip to Content

SANParks launches the Orpen Live Webcam!

Discuss the Orpen (KNP), Satara (KNP), Addo and Nossob (KTP) webcams
Eagle Owl

Re: SANParks launches the Orpen Live Webcam!

Unread postby Eagle Owl » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi guys!!! So nice to see a video cam being installed in Orpen!!! This should be a great addition to tempt people to come to Kruger. :wink:

However, it seems to me that I am not able to watch the video stream. Because of my challenged technical abbilities I don't really understand the notice regarding the webcam band width (or is it mine...) etc...etc...

In plain and simple english and my abbility to might be able to grab something out of my next question (if somebody would be so kind to answer it in plain english back), might my problem be in the fact that I am using a vodacom modem, or is my computer software a bit out dated?????

I feel so silly asking... :redface: :redface:

stevenjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stevenjm » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi Fish Eagle :)

I can try assist, but tell me - are you able to watch a video on youtube.com?

Do you have any "slow" issues there?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Eagle Owl

Unread postby Eagle Owl » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi Steve,....Eagle Owl here, not fish eagle, hey..lol!!! :P

Yes, I am able to watch videos on youtube, but I must admit, everything on my computer internet wise is kinda slow.
However, the Orpen video cam is very , very slow. I left it about five minutes yesterday to load up...but nothing.... :roll:

Safari Gal

Unread postby Safari Gal » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi Eagle Owl - you are not alone with this - I also am not able to see the live cam unfortunately :( My service provder is MWeb
Calling all no-kudu horn mites to join the no-kudu horn quiz.

Eagle Owl

Unread postby Eagle Owl » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Ah no, Safari Gal!! I quickly checked a video on youtube as it was ages since I last watched one. They do say that my browser is outdated but I still could watch the music video. I then checked the Orpen video cam again and I finally got some footage!!! Yeeaahhh!!!!! :dance: :dance: But it works for a few seconds then it loads up again which seems like a lifetime... :wall: :wall:

I do hope you get yours sorted out as well. My little glimps was enough to make me jump up and down of exitement!!!!

Waterwatcher

Unread postby Waterwatcher » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:55 am

Just had a great coffee break watching a family of warthogs meandering across the back of the waterhole. Then a pair of egyptian geese mated, before settling down again to their usual station by the water. They seem to be a resident pair. Is this where to put these sightings or is there another forum? I've also seem something about YouTube daily postings. Will they be posted by moderators or can anyone post?

Return to “Webcams”