Skip to Content

Posting webcam photos the fast & easy way

Discuss the Orpen (KNP), Satara (KNP), Addo and Nossob (KTP) webcams
Trrp-trrrrrrrr
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2014)
Award: Forumite of the Year (2014)
Award: Video of the Year (2014)
FAC Member (2013)

Re: Posting webcam photos the fast & easy way

Unread postby Trrp-trrrrrrrr » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:09 pm

:yaya: Waterwatcher

Not sure if you are referring to normal daily cam postings, or actual highlights of a specific daily cam post :hmz:

Just to give you an overview of what basically happens daily, when posting in one of the webcam threads.
At the beginning of a new day, a new page is created for the specific webcam e.g. Orpen, Addo etc. by the first cammer who has a sighting for that specific Webcam, they wish to post.
From thereon... all sightings you or other cammers wish to post, you just add to the daily one which has already been opened/created e.g. Orpen Webcam 18/08/2015 etc.

I noticed you are using the normal days sightings and posting into the Webcam Highlights thread.
This thread is usualy used when the cammer who did the first post for really stunning sightings e.g. Lions, Leopards or whatever you deem to be an outstanding sighting. This thread you would add the same images which you had submitted onto the normal daily one...If you read Here

Hope it makes it a bit clearer. :hmz:
If not just ask and one of the mods or cammers will gladly assist you further. :thumbs_up:
"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."~ Native American (Huron) Proverb

Waterwatcher

Unread postby Waterwatcher » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Trrp-trrrrrrrr wrote::yaya: Waterwatcher

Not sure if you are referring to normal daily cam postings, or actual highlights of a specific daily cam post :hmz:

Just to give you an overview of what basically happens daily, when posting in one of the webcam threads.
At the beginning of a new day, a new page is created for the specific webcam e.g. Orpen, Addo etc. by the first cammer who has a sighting for that specific Webcam, they wish to post.
From thereon... all sightings you or other cammers wish to post, you just add to the daily one which has already been opened/created e.g. Orpen Webcam 18/08/2015 etc.

I noticed you are using the normal days sightings and posting into the Webcam Highlights thread.
This thread is usualy used when the cammer who did the first post for really stunning sightings e.g. Lions, Leopards or whatever you deem to be an outstanding sighting. This thread you would add the same images which you had submitted onto the normal daily one...If you read Here

Hope it makes it a bit clearer. :hmz:
If not just ask and one of the mods or cammers will gladly assist you further. :thumbs_up:

Not entirely but if I've put my 2 sightings this morning, elephant and giraffe in the right place then I'm OK. I thought they were new sightings so added them.
Kruger National Park 2015
Lower Sabi; Skukuza; Satara; Mopani; Letaba 9-26 September :imsmilin:

Trrp-trrrrrrrr
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby Trrp-trrrrrrrr » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Waterwatcher wrote:Not entirely but if I've put my 2 sightings this morning, elephant and giraffe in the right place then I'm OK. I thought they were new sightings so added them.

OK lets take your one of the Giraffe ...You posted it under Orpen Cam Highlights is this where you want it?
or
Did you want to post it to Orpen Cam 18/08/2015 which is the normal daily posts done by all cammers of sightings for the day?
"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."~ Native American (Huron) Proverb

Waterwatcher

Unread postby Waterwatcher » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:42 pm

Trrp-trrrrrrrr wrote:
Waterwatcher wrote:Not entirely but if I've put my 2 sightings this morning, elephant and giraffe in the right place then I'm OK. I thought they were new sightings so added them.

OK lets take your one of the Giraffe ...You posted it under Orpen Cam Highlights is this where you want it?
or
Did you want to post it to Orpen Cam 18/08/2015 which is the normal daily posts done by all cammers of sightings for the day?

Ah I am not sure where Orpen Cam 18/08/2015 is. In the forums list somewhere?

Trrp-trrrrrrrr
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby Trrp-trrrrrrrr » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:45 pm

We will find it in two places, look under Board index under Webcams :thumbs_up:
or
View active topics :)

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread postby lion queen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi Waterwatcher,

Here is a link to Orpen Cam 18/08/2015

This is used today to post all Orpen sightings in, tomorrow a new topic will be created for each of the four cams, as explained by Trrp :gflower:
SANParks Online Fans..........Where passion is pride!

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread postby lion queen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:02 pm

Waterwatcher wrote:Just come back to forums & not sure how to post to Webcam Highlights. I have put a couple of captures onto the individual cam forum, but not sure if that is correct because the latest photo does not seem to match the webcams page :hmz:

Waterwatcher, I just want to make sure about what you are asking.

Are you referring to what you see on the webcam page?

Those save as highligh save the photo to that page only and as soon as someone else click on their save as highlight your highlight is gone.

That save as highlight action does not save your photo to the forum in that days topic or into the highlight topic of that cam.

As Trrp explained the Highlight topic on Forum is for highlights like seldom seen animals or something really nice/beautiful.

If you need more info, please ask, the friendly cammers will lend a helping hand! :gflower:
SANParks Online Fans..........Where passion is pride!

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

Waterwatcher

Unread postby Waterwatcher » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:13 pm

lion queen wrote:
Waterwatcher wrote:Just come back to forums & not sure how to post to Webcam Highlights. I have put a couple of captures onto the individual cam forum, but not sure if that is correct because the latest photo does not seem to match the webcams page :hmz:

Those save as highligh save the photo to that page only and as soon as someone else click on their save as highlight your highlight is gone.

That save as highlight action does not save your photo to the forum in that days topic or into the highlight topic of that cam.

As Trrp explained the Highlight topic on Forum is for highlights like seldom seen animals or something really nice/beautiful.

If you need more info, please ask, the friendly cammers will lend a helping hand! :gflower:

Yes I was referring to what you see on the webcam page. I don't think I have seen save as highlight as an option.

So my captures would fit into the day then?

Should I see "Save as latest highlight" under the webcam image as in your reply? If so it isn't there. Maybe why I have found it so tricky.
Last edited by Waterwatcher on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trrp-trrrrrrrr
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby Trrp-trrrrrrrr » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Waterwatcher wrote:So my captures would fit into the day then?

:thumbs_up:

Waterwatcher

Unread postby Waterwatcher » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:09 pm

Waterwatcher wrote:
lion queen wrote:

Yes I was referring to what you see on the webcam page. I don't think I have seen save as highlight as an option.

So my captures would fit into the day then?

Should I see "Save as latest highlight" under the webcam image as in your reply? If so it isn't there. Maybe why I have found it so tricky.

Finally cracked it and got the Orange banner on webcams. Thanks for help!

DinkyBird

Unread postby DinkyBird » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:15 pm

:clap: :dance: That is wonderful Waterwatcher!

Thanks to the two angels who assisted too :gflower:
Sawubona
Dalene

MATTHYS

Unread postby MATTHYS » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Thank you, Trrp and LQ :clap:
Please see Webcam etiquette - a guide which should help you find your feet in the Webcams forum, Waterwatcher :D and please keep posting !
aquila non capit muscas

Return to “Webcams”