Post subject: Re: Stiffnecks - Amendment to the rules
Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:31 pm
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 pm Posts: 2442 Location: Pretoria, SA FAC Member (2013) Award: Newcomer of the Year (2012)
The Stiffnecks Forum Birding Club was established on the 21st of November 2008 in accordance with the rules for posting on the Forums as prescribed by SANParks.
Cognizance should also be taken of the fact that we partake on a website that was established to promote South African National Parks and therefore discussions on birds that is found in the parks should be the main aim.
The development of the birding environment over the years resulted in topics on the Forums that do not conform to the vision and mission of the SANParks Forums. This resulted in discussions with management of SANParks and representatives of the forum moderators during November 2013.
It was decided to issue a revised rule for the birding environment that we have to comply with during posting on the forums.
The following was taken into account when the revised rule was compiled:
1. The main aim of all posts on the forums must be to promote birds found in the SANParks;
2. Bird books in South Africa which consists of birds to be found in Southern Africa which consists of all areas South of the Zambezi and Kunene rivers such as SA; Namibia; Botswana; Zimbabwe; Southern Mozambique; Swaziland and Lesotho;
3. Topics that discuss migratory birds to and from South African National Parks and Southern Africa; and
4. The naming of specific places during discussions of birds and birding weekends/weeks other than in a SANParks.
To comply with the rules for posting on the Forums as prescribed by SANParks, the following rule should be adhered to from the date of publication on the Stiffneck forum birding club thread:
1. The main aim of topics/threads on the forums should be to promote birding within the South African National Parks boundaries;
2. Only the posting of topics/threads and discussions with reference to birds found in Southern Africa (all areas South of the Zambezi and Kunene rivers such as SA; Namibia; Botswana; Zimbabwe; Southern Mozambique; Swaziland and Lesotho), excluding any reference to specific places (only the area applicable) will be permitted when outside the boundaries of any SANPark;
3. Only one topic/thread to discuss Southern African migratory birds to and from South Africa is allowed;
4. Only topics/threads and discussions with reference to birding weekends/weeks or bashes within SANParks boundaries and if within the Southern African boundaries, only the naming of the area will be permitted; and
5. No topic/thread including other birds outside the Southern African boundaries will be permitted.
All existing topics/threads that do not comply with the above rules will be adjusted accordingly after reasonable time has been given for the work put into these topics to be appreciated and read.
_________________ Always be humble and understanding
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum