Skip to Content

Marakele: Rainfall Info

Golden Gate, Mapungubwe, Marakele

Moderator: lion queen

kellyee21

Re: Marakele: Rainfall Info

Unread postby kellyee21 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Is anyone up in Marakele this week ? I am wondering what the conditions are currently with all the rain we are having. We were supposed to camp there this weekend but have postponed until the following weekend (March 15) in hopes of better weather. Thanks.

naomi c
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby naomi c » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:57 am

Would also love to know if Marakele did indeed receive some good rain. We were there during the December holidays and although the Park was green it was definitely in need of more rain. The dam at the bird hide was bone dry - wonder what the situation is at the moment? :D

PNF
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby PNF » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:08 am

Have heard from a farmer in the Ellisras (Lephalele) area that they have had plenty of rain in the last two weeks - so much so that he cannot get into parts of the lands! Hopefully that means that Marakele has also received good rains. The entire Waterberg region is living up to its name - the "berg" is full of water.................
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin

Us and The Ant:
Shingwedzi 20 - 24 Aug
Tsendze 24 Aug - 5 Sept

kellyee21

Unread postby kellyee21 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:17 am

Just saw that Marakele accomodations are closed until March 16 so I guess we won't be going this weekend either... We have a first time 9 day camping trip to Kruger planned starting March 21 and we wanted to give our equipment a test run first. Now I hoping we can still do the Kruger trip.

NicoleCT

Unread postby NicoleCT » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:18 am

Hi.

Has anyone been to Marakele lately ? Is everything open again ?

We might want to visit soon but not if everything was/is flooded and not accessible.

Some feedback would be great.

Nicole

naomi c
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby naomi c » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:20 am

Would like to know if Marakele has received some rain yet? Anybody been there recently? :D

wharthog

Unread postby wharthog » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:56 am

I would also like to find out what the rainfall has been like.. Heading there next week :D
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Return to “Northern Parks”