SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tree Top Chalets Knysna
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:55 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi
Does anyone have some more info regarding the accommodation in the Tree Tops in Knysna? It looks great, but would love some more pics. Are the chalets quite luxury or more basic? I believe it has a Jacuzzi? :)

We will be staying there for 4 nights in December and I would love some feedback from other people who have been there. The birdlife must be amazing?!

Post subject: Re: Tree Top Chalets Knysna
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:12 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Kingfisha,
I stayed there early on in Jan this year. There is only one chalet and it is extremely luxury. It is all very cosy inside and yes it does have a jacuzzi on the outside deck, but we couldn't find a way of warming it up so its a cold dip if you dare :thumbs_up:
Out the back the deck is up in the tree tops (as the name suggests) its lovely and peaceful but we didn't see any wildlife to shout about. There are a lot of trails that you can take in the forest but we didn't have time to explore them so i cannot comment.
We did have a problem with getting the keys as they had been given to another couple but it was all sorted in the end.
In my opinion its the kind of place that you will want to spend at least two nights to get the most out of the location. One night will leave you wanting more, as I am.
Hope that helps

Please use the online form or download the spreadsheet to report leopard sightings.
You can also download a free copy of the identification guides for KTP and Augrabies.
F1/2014

Post subject: Tree Top Chalet Knysna
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 pm 

Have anyone stayed over in the Tree Top Chalet as yet? How is it and where is it situated and where do you get the keys?

Post subject: Re: Tree Top Chalet Knysna
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:35 am 

We recently had the pleasure of spending a night there - you collect the keys from Garden of Eden. The chalet is located just off the main road through two gates - seems to be a lot of mountain bike riding out there - it really is an amazing place - cannot believe it is Sanparks as everything is so modern and new!!! It's better than my house and fully kitted out! The chalet overlooks dense bush and has a lovely open kitchen - there is an outside area which has the jacuzzi although unfortunately this was not working when we were there. On the deck, there are also two lounge chairs as well as a little table and chairs and a great braai - nicely designed. Trees grow right through the deck - weather was miserable when we were there but did see some kynsna louries which was nice to see. The bedrooms are great and there are two bathrooms - one with a big bath and the other with a shower. There is also limited DSTV which is nice. I went on a little walk outside and from 20metres away you lose sight of the chalet entirely!!! It really is an amazing place to spend the night and good value all things considered. Note that firewood is provided free of charge - I think the place could get quite cold in winter though!!!

Post subject: Tree-top chalet Knysna
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:00 pm 

Can anyone tell me how to get Knysna tree-top chalet?I know I need to check-in in Garden of Eden, but,
I mean: can I get there by car? :roll:
Is there an open parking next to chalet?
Do I need an off-road car?

Thank everyone :gflower:

P.S. I apologize for my bad english... 8)

Post subject: Re: Tree-top chalet Knysna
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:03 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

When you check in they will give you directions.
From memory the turn off the main road is about 100m further down the road (towards PE) from the Garden of Eden. From there is is about 1km (roughly).
I think there is a gate that you will need a key for.
There is plenty of parking at the chalet and it is fine for a sedan car.
Enjoy it is a lovely place.

Please use the online form or download the spreadsheet to report leopard sightings.
You can also download a free copy of the identification guides for KTP and Augrabies.
F1/2014

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:00 pm 

Hi,
I've tried searchig for the facilities of these chalets but can't seem to find a definitive list.
Was wondering if it had a braai area?
Thanks

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:08 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2013)
Hi cheeheese

A warm welcome :gflower:

This might give you an idea have a look here ?

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:17 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Welcome to the forum cheeheese :thumbs_up:

Yes it does have an outside covered braai. It is pretty good.

It also has a jacuzzi but in my experience itsn't not been possible to warm the water up. It is worth you checking whether it is working when/if you book...i'd actually be interested to know if it is too :hmz:

This leaflet also used to be available on the SANParks website but i can't see it any more

F1/2014

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:28 pm 

Thanks guys. appreciate the quick response.
I have already booked my stay so just wanted to be prepared food wise.
Will check whether the jacuzzi works properly when we check in.
I'll report back here when I return mid April.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:01 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Hi cheeheese we were there in October last year and what can I say 'wow' you are
in for a treat :dance: ... You book in as you said at Garden of Eden which is on the
opposite side to the entrance.. They give you the keys and instructions and you then
drive right up to the chalet. The Braai is on the deck and they give you plenty wood.
The 'Hot tub' is also on the deck and worked fine when we were there just takes a while
to warm up but it's worth the wait :clap: ... More advise is as you are the only ones in
the Forrest ( great bird watching) and quite far from Knysna you have to take everything
with you ie. food, drink & good company :whistle: ... Lucky you have a great time ENJOY :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:38 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
I just want to add what all he rest have said that the kitchen is to die for and there is a washing machine and tumble dryer in the one bathroom. not to mention the TV . log fire indoors too .as well as the braai area outside