Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Drive time
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:55 pm 

I am getting soooooooooooo excited, we leave for SA inless then two months! Six weeks sounded like alot at first but now I am sure it will fly by. Oh well, we;ll just have to come back again.

Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes to drive from Storm's Rivermouth to Bontebok, assuming we take our time along the way.

We are thinking about doing the canopy tours in the morning after we check out of our oceanette- anyone done that and is it O.K. eco-friendly as their web site says - and then heading to Bontebok where we are booked for overnight.

Sorry that is not strictly about the national park. :hmz:

Post subject: Re: Drive time
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:24 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Movinon

From Stormsriver to Wilderness is about 175km. You can do that in 2 hours, but remember that this stretch of road is the most beautiful in South Africa (read WORLD). From Wilderness to Swellendam (Bontebok) is about 240km and you can comfortably do that in 2 and a half hours. Still good scenery, but rather allow extra time for the first stint of your drive. I would leave Wilderness no earlier than about 15:00 as it is getting darker much later now.

As far as I know there are two tree-top venues. We have been to the one only 5 km PE side of the Stormsriver turnoff and that was great and very eco-friendly. This is going all the way above a small river and is really spectacular. You have controll to decide wether you want the excitement or whether you would rather like to enjoy the scenery. You can even stop halfway to enjoy the view of the river below. The trip is made up of about 7 slides.

Enjoy.
Hoephoep

My latest trip report to Addo during June 2009:
http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34300