Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Small kids in the parks
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:03 pm 

I am trying to decide whether to stay in Wilderness National Park or Tsitsikamma with my small children (aged 3 and 1). Does anyone have a view on which would be more suitable (as in easy to explore) with little ones in tow, or which is more geared to families?

Post subject: Wilderness vrs Tsitsikamma
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:45 pm 
Guru
Guru

I have had the opportunity to work in both Wilderness and Tsitsikamma. Both are ideal for the age group in question. Wilderness is however better for families with teenage children as it closer to George which offers a wide range of activities. Wilderness does have more to offer with volley ball, an extensive jungle gym, a safe beach at Victoria Bay, canoeing on the flat black water of the Touw river etc. Both have extensive trails in both fynbos and forests. The sea can get very rough at Tsitsikamma but they do have a swimming pool. If you are going over December, both Parks offer a holiday programme for children. If have, take baby carrying rucksacks with you so that you can explore the trails which are absolutely spectacular.