Skip to Content

Gate Opening Times

Addo, Camdeboo, Karoo, Mountain Zebra

Moderator: lion queen

Aristocat

Gate Opening Times

Unread postby Aristocat » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi

Can anyone tell me what time we can enter the park through Matyholweni Gate. I see the Reception opens at 7 but are we able to enter earlier as a Day Visitor as the sun is high by 7?

Puff Addy

Re: Gate Opening Times

Unread postby Puff Addy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:47 pm

I believe the opening time at the gate is also 7 AM and agree that it should be earlier. If you stay in the park you can be out and about already at 6.

Kind regards,

Adam

DinkyBird

Re: Gate Opening Times

Unread postby DinkyBird » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:18 pm

Taken off this website:-

The following gates have approximate opening and closing times:

Main entrance gate & Addo reception (off R335 / R342 near Addo) 07:00 - 19:00

Matyholweni gate & Matyholweni reception (off N2 near Colchester) 07:00 - 17:00 (Reception) 07:00 - 18:30 (Gate)

Please note:

Gates to the game areas open and close according to season. Please enquire about the current times when checking in at Addo or Matyholweni reception. Entrance to the main entrance gate and Matyholweni gate does not provide access to the game areas, but only to the park camps.
Entrance gates are staffed by security guards after closing time. Visitors with accommodation bookings can still enter and exit the gates after closing times but before 22:00 provided they inform reception of this. After 22:00, there is no access into the park as gates are closed.
Sawubona
Dalene

Return to “Frontier Parks”